• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Help with HQGM?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Help with HQGM?

Postby Medic » Monday February 15th, 2010 6:26pm

Iam trying to install HQGM, but it keeps coming up with cannot create the following file C:/windows/fonts/caxtonbold.$$A. Any help would be appreciated :oops:
Medic

Forum Language: British English

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Help with HQGM?

Postby drathe » Monday February 15th, 2010 8:40pm

You may wish to contact Keld. He wants all support to go through his site so he knows what may need improving. Hard to get a hold of, just to forewarn you.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

HQGM problem

Postby TPIRFanSteve » Wednesday March 16th, 2011 3:23am

I've been playing around with HeroQuest Game Master the last couple days, and I've run into a problem with Barak Tor -- Barrow of the Witch Lord. Every time I trigger the falling block trap in the upper-left corner of the board, the program crashes, giving me the message, "Run-time error '13': Type mismatch". I think it's a problem with how conditional triggers interact with falling block traps, but I've spent about an hour and a half fiddling with the quest's code tonight, and I still can't figure out what's wrong. Does anyone know how to fix this? Failing that, does anyone know how to get into the program's conditional trigger code so I can try to figure out what isn't working right?
TPIRFanSteve

Forum Language: English (United States)

Re: HQGM problem

Postby gravaillon » Wednesday March 16th, 2011 1:57pm

just remake the quest by yourself with the editing tool. I have remade all the official quests by myself, so there's no bug !

PS : Game master is a so wonderful tool, so wonderful !!!
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby TPIRFanSteve » Wednesday March 16th, 2011 8:44pm

gravaillon wrote:I have remade all the official quests by myself, so there's no bug !

There's definitely a bug...otherwise, I wouldn't need help fixing it. (And yes, it still does it if I start from scratch.)

What version of the program were you using? I have 2.6, which, as far as I know, is the most recent. Maybe there's an older one where it worked properly.
TPIRFanSteve

Postby gravaillon » Thursday March 17th, 2011 2:04am

well, I think I have the same version but under windows vista.
Perhaps you have delete a file... When you're adding some elements to the program, it could happens... It has happened to me. Try to reinstall the application...

Otherwise, you can try to use an older version, but, in my opinion, there would be more bug in older version/...
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby TPIRFanSteve » Thursday March 17th, 2011 11:36pm

Hmm...I don't think I've deleted anything. I'm still not sure how to explain it.

Oh well. I managed to create a workaround by coding it as an "Add Item -- Rock Blockade" instead of a falling block trap. I still wish I knew what made the proper method malfunction, though. Thanks anyway.
TPIRFanSteve

Postby drathe » Thursday March 17th, 2011 11:51pm

Have you tried contacting Keld? His email is at the bottom of this page.
http://heroquest.hjortskov.net/about.htm

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby TPIRFanSteve » Saturday March 19th, 2011 10:14pm

I have, but not at that e-mail address. Thanks!
TPIRFanSteve

Re: Help with HQGM?

Postby AerynB » Tuesday March 22nd, 2011 12:41am

Hey, Medic, I know this topic is a year old, but I'm having the same problem and I was wondering if you got a response and were able to install the program.

Thanks,
~Aeryn

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. Instead of just double-clicking on the icon to Open it, I had to right-click and select Run As Administrator. :smack: I feel like such a technological idiot sometimes.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Princess
AerynB
Resident Editor

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Next