• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

What about the last quest pack of HQ : Kill Zargon ?

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

What about the last quest pack of HQ : Kill Zargon ?

Postby gravaillon » February 8th, 2011, 4:22 pm

One thing seems weird to me... Why the official quests packs stop with the morcar sorcerer's. The goal of the heroes is to eliminate zargon, isn't it?

So why doing the most beautiful quest pack ever made in a legendary trilogy of 10 new quests with new rules, new great tiles, new miniatures, new cards... etc. The most wonderful travel and challenge that the heroes have ever had !

Who will be interested in writting, creating a big box with new components for finding and killing zargon. (using a modular board will be great for that, new traps too and of course new monsters)

Tell me if you think it's a great idea, but i think that it's important to put an end to the reign of this fuc...g Zargon.
For example, the start of all could be the death of mentor.
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: What about the last quest pack of HQ : Kill Zargon ?

Postby Ryno » February 8th, 2011, 6:11 pm

Sounds epic. But.... then you don't have as much substance in further stories with such a long Zargon background and the struggle of the empire against the forces of chaos. You'll have to come up with a new major bad guy. What happened to Star Wars after the Emperor was killed and Vader converted/died? It ended (the movies anyway). What happened to the lord of the rings after destroying the ring? It ended. Harry Potter/Voldemort, so on...

I love the idea of Mentor dying and avenging him by defeating Zargon!
But, for me I'm a big advocate of the whole "You never kill Zargon" thing, because that is the essence of the game and we want to keep playing forever and ever.
Maybe I'm just too much in my comfort zone too ;-)
Ryno

Mummy
Mummy

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby gravaillon » February 8th, 2011, 6:17 pm

i'm agreed with you but no one is obliged to kill zargon... I just want to make it exists.
Some notes are in the heroquest stickers album, that's where i found the idea.
And, if zargon is dead, why can't we create a new vilains... It could be a second life for hq ... But it is what i think...
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » February 8th, 2011, 6:22 pm

I once designed a mini Quest Pack called Castle of Chaos where the Heroes finally confront Zargon. He does however escape before a final defeat. Allowing the adventures to continue.

It has never been publicly released. Not good enough. If I have time to rewrite/rework it in future, it may see the light of day.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby mo123813 » February 8th, 2011, 6:29 pm

Zargon dying and a new beginning would be interesting. Interesting...
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Jaguar69 » February 8th, 2011, 6:42 pm

If we do kill Morcar/ Zargon in an Epic quest pack to come, maybe we can create a unanamous new villain, so that we can keep continuity going together.
Maybe vote on ideas people like. I would throw in the hat now these things that i have previously considered:

1. Morcar/ Zargon has been secretly mentoring an apprentice - a la Star Wars Sith -
2. Morcar/ Zargon created a 'son/daughter' from pure Chaos and Evil to help and follow in his footsteps.
3. Maybe one of the Heroes becomes slowly corrupted by the Chaos and Evil of Morcar/ Zargon and turns on the Empire and his fellow Heroes.
4. Morcar/ Zargon ( can't believe i have typed that so many times!!) was actaully serving 'the man behind the curtian', the secret boss - perhaps Mentor was the evil one all along, for some reason!? :shock:

Great possibilities, as long as there is back story - threat - canoninity. ;)
Jaguar69

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » February 8th, 2011, 9:15 pm

As a powerful Mage, he would have made plans in case of his own death.

He probably has some way of coming back in a more powerful form - especially if he had planned for the heros to "kill" him all along, thereby losing a hero or two in process and weakening their team!
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ryno » February 8th, 2011, 9:47 pm

el_flesh wrote:As a powerful Mage, he would have made plans in case of his own death.

He probably has some way of coming back in a more powerful form - especially if he had planned for the heros to "kill" him all along, thereby losing a hero or two in process and weakening their team!

Now THAT is what I'm talking about!
Ryno

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Jaguar69 » February 8th, 2011, 10:01 pm

Ok, so if he does come back some how, i think there should be a quest pack or two where the forces of evil try and fill the void he left, or try to conspire to bring him back via some archaic dark magic or something, which the Heroes try to stop but ultimatly 'fail' in doing so - resulting in a more powerful and dark/ demonic Morcar/Zargon rising. :lol:
Jaguar69

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mo123813 » February 8th, 2011, 11:06 pm

Check this out:
Zargon could actually get killed in a quest pack made specifically for him
and the first 3 quests could be of him training, his influence on leaving, then his battle with mentor and his escape. Then there could be a quest of him directing his army. and the rest would be for the heroes.
But when he dies, Zargon's spirit will take on a new host: his apprentice in hiding: Morcar!
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Next