• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

3D Printing Replacements

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

3D Printing Replacements

Postby Meet The Pyro » September 20th, 2019, 9:29 am

Hi,
I've been searching the internet for both replacements and models from the expansions.
Issue being a lot of the stuff I find is pretty low quality (especially for the expansions).
Can anyone offer me better files to work with, or has anyone found better variants of what I've found.

I've compiled everything I've found here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-ts ... sp=sharing

They don't really have to be the originals, alternatives are also fine, but I can't model properly, so it'd have to be ones that fit in and have a matching base :P
Models for the many non-official quests that have extra characters are also welcome.

Here are some photos, keep in mind that both the resin, but especially the FMD (Ender 3) looks way better in real life (and you just wouldn't look this up close when you're just using them on a board either :P)
These are Original - Resin - FDM (Ender 3) Note that I only very recently started resin printing, and thus the defects visible are me that failed to support it properly for the most part, if not every issue you can notice

Since I don't know of a way to show more pictures without it feeling super spammy (spoilers don't work for the IMG tag?), here's a link to a shared album, if anyone wants to see more: https://photos.app.goo.gl/vN8NJU7pcPuyyT6w7
Last edited by Meet The Pyro on September 21st, 2019, 6:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Meet The Pyro

Goblin
Goblin

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: 3D Printing Replacements

Postby cornixt » September 20th, 2019, 9:51 am

Which printer did you use?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Meet The Pyro » September 20th, 2019, 10:25 am

That one was resin printed with the Elegoo Mars, resin is great for details, but I've had pretty good results with my Ender 3 as well
Meet The Pyro

Goblin
Goblin

Postby cornixt » September 20th, 2019, 2:30 pm

I'm strongly thinking that I will get an Ender 3 for xmas this year. As nice as the results are from a resin printer, I don't want all the hassle that comes with them.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » September 20th, 2019, 3:17 pm

seems he's sweating a little bit... anyway best 3D print I've seen till now.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Meet The Pyro » September 20th, 2019, 6:30 pm

cornixt wrote:I'm strongly thinking that I will get an Ender 3 for xmas this year. As nice as the results are from a resin printer, I don't want all the hassle that comes with them.

Honestly while the process with resin is a bit more messy, I feel like there's way less work to do after the print, it's way easier to remove supports with resin :P
But the Ender 3 is definitely a good choice.

I'll be posting more photos at a later time :D

Is there a way to add attachments here, I can't seem to see it, guess I can just link to it /shrug
Meet The Pyro

Goblin
Goblin

Postby lestodante » September 20th, 2019, 6:53 pm

yes, you have to reach 14 posts first and then you can upload attachments

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Meet The Pyro » September 21st, 2019, 6:05 am

I've updated my opening post, more photos, and some comparisons between original, resin, and FDM (ender 3) prints

Here are some photos, keep in mind that both the resin, but especially the FMD (Ender 3) looks way better in real life
These are Original - Resin - FDM (Ender 3) Note that I only very recently started resin printing, and thus the defects visible are me that failed to support it properly for the most part, if not every issue you can notice

Since I don't know of a way to show more pictures without it feeling super spammy (spoilers don't work for the IMG tag?), here's a link to a shared album, if anyone wants to see more: https://photos.app.goo.gl/vN8NJU7pcPuyyT6w7
Meet The Pyro

Goblin
Goblin

Postby Meet The Pyro » September 22nd, 2019, 5:36 am

Well these guys are primed and ready (I'm a cheapskate and blue was cheaper when I purchased this stuff lol)
Unfortunately, I found all my painting stuff except my pallet thingies to actually put my paint on rip.

Meet The Pyro

Goblin
Goblin

Postby phoenixcinder » September 22nd, 2019, 7:36 pm

this is why I only use my 3d printer for furniture and terrain.
Do you need some form of an out of the house exhaust for the resin printer?
I heard they can emit toxic fumes
phoenixcinder

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Project Forge