• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ελληνικά/Greek

We would like to have a version of Ye Olde Inn available in every language that HeroQuest was released in for fans of each language to enjoy. If you wish to assist us in this grand endeavour, respond in the appropriate section of this forum.

Ελληνικά/Greek

Postby drathe » September 12th, 2010, 6:13 pm

Ελληνικά translation project:

Common Elements:
  • High Adventure in a World of Magic - Translation Complete
  • Home, News, Contents, Forum, Gallery, Quests, Tiles, Links, Credits - Translation Complete
  • Jump to Bottom
  • Return to Top - Translation Complete
  • Expanding HeroQuest - Translation Complete
  • This HeroQuest Site is dedicated to:
    Ye Olde "Agin's Inn"
    HeroQuest is © 1989-2010 by Milton Bradley Company. - Translation Complete
  • Best viewed with HeroQuest Fonts installed - Translation Complete

Link Buttons:
    Some of the link buttons still need translating.
  • Game System - Translation Complete
  • Kellar's Keep - Translation Complete
  • Return of the Witch Lord - Suggested to leave as-is.
  • Against the Ogre Horde - Suggested to leave as-is.
  • Wizards of Morcar - Suggested to leave as-is.
  • Mage of the Mirror - Suggested to leave as-is.
  • The Frozen Horror - Suggested to leave as-is.
  • Adventure Design Kit - Suggested to leave as-is.
  • Cards - Translation Complete
  • Design & Game Tools - Translation Complete
  • PC Games - Translation Complete
  • Quests - Translation Complete
  • Rules - Translation Complete
  • Tiles - Translation Complete

If you have any suggestions that are better than what's been provided on any of the Web-pages, please let us know.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: ελληνικά/Greek

Postby tasoe » September 22nd, 2011, 4:15 pm

High adventure in a world of magic = Συναρπαστικές περιπέτειες σ'ένα Μαγικό Κόσμο (at least that's what it says on the box cover)
Kellar's Keep = Ο Πύργος του Κέλαρ (that's the right translation for this)
Game System = Παιχνίδι Σύστημα (instead of Παιχνιδι Σύστημα)

Home = Αρχική Σελίδα (also just "Αρχική" can be used, it's used in many of greek websites)
News = Νέα
Contents = Περιεχόμενα
Forum = Forum (No one translates that)
Gallery = Gallery (the word "Εικόνες" could be used which means pictures or images)
Links = Σύνδεσμοι
Credits = Credits

For quests and tiles it would be best to use the words that are in the actual greek rulebook and questbook which unfortunately I don't own. My guess for quests is "Περιπέτειες" but it's not sure.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » September 22nd, 2011, 6:39 pm

Thank you! I've added the new translations and edited the previous ones.

tasoe wrote:For quests and tiles it would be best to use the words that are in the actual greek rulebook and questbook which unfortunately I don't own. My guess for quests is "Περιπέτειες" but it's not sure.

The game system rules and quest book can be found here: http://www.yeoldeinn.com/el-system.php
I can't read it and have no idea which word would be the ones for Quests or Tiles. :?

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby tasoe » September 23rd, 2011, 4:24 am

Quests = 'Αθλοι (which actually means deeds or accomplishments but that's the word in the booklet)
Tiles = Πλακάκια

Also the text when you hover the mouse over to any of these should write the following according to the english ones:
Retun to Home Page = Επιστροφή στην Αρχική Σελίδα
Recent News = Πρόσφατα Νέα
Table of Contents = Τράπεζα Περιεχομένων
Links to other HeroQuest websites = Σύνδεσμοι σε άλλα website με HeroQuest

Welcome to Ye Olde Inn = Καλώς Ήρθατε στο Ye Olde Inn
Your source for the best HeroQuest resources and fan created content! = Το μέρος για τους καλύτερους πόρους για το HeroQuest και περιεχόμενα δημιουργημένα απο οπαδούς!

Check the News link ... set up game groups and sessions. = Ελέξτε τα ΝΕΑ για να δείτε ό,τι έχει προστεθεί πρόσφατα. Οι επισκέπτες μπορούν να υπογράφουν το Βιβλίο Επισκεπτών και τους προσκαλούμε να γραφτούν στο Forum για να μιλήσουν για το HeroQuest, να μετέχουν σε γενικές συζητήσεις, ή να συναντήσουν άτομα στην περιοχή τους και να στήσουν ομάδες και μαζώξεις παιχνιδιών.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » September 23rd, 2011, 4:25 am

Quests are «Άθλοι» and Tiles in the Quest Book are translated as «Πλακάκια» but I think it is better to use the word «Πλακίδια» because expresses the scale of the pieces. As we say “small tiles” (=Πλακίδια) and “tiles like those are used on walls or floors” (=Πλακάκια). So, I choose “Πλακίδια” for tiles.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » September 23rd, 2011, 10:12 am

Thanks guys! |_P

I must say, ελληνικά was the last language I thought would get translated, that is until the 日本語 version was discovered. This is cool! :D

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Re: Ελληνικά/Greek

Postby Vrohopoios » September 15th, 2020, 4:37 am

Hello!!!

How I can help with Homepage Translation (Greek)?

Thanks!!!
"Through Loretome I may guide you, but I may not intervene, lest a greater evil befall the World, and Chaos triumph forever."
- Mentor, Guardian of Loretome -
Vrohopoios

Forum Language: Ελληνικά

Postby Daedalus » May 17th, 2021, 2:29 pm

Vrohopoios wrote:Hello!!!

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the offer to better the Greek experience at the Inn. Right now the translation effort is put on hold as drathe no longer has the time to commit to these efforts.

What the (ambitious) translation project needs to continue is a new server; this would allow more members to participate in entering the work. If/when this comes about I hope you will still be here to help.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby iKarith » May 18th, 2021, 7:11 am

Daedalus wrote:
Vrohopoios wrote:Hello!!!

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the offer to better the Greek experience at the Inn. Right now the translation effort is put on hold as drathe no longer has the time to commit to these efforts.

What the (ambitious) translation project needs to continue is a new server; this would allow more members to participate in entering the work. If/when this comes about I hope you will still be here to help.

Server? What needs are there? I pay for hosting and it's not getting utilized very well.
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.

Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 18th, 2021, 1:05 pm

First, thanks for the supoort! :D

Ideally, the Inn can one day be hosted by a server that allows more people to edit pages for translation efforts. As it stands right now, only administrators have that privilege. That puts a huge workload on drathe.

If/when the Inn moves to a new server, the best result would allow more of our community to enter and edit Quests on the homepage. I imagine other contributions are also possible.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next

Return to Homepage Translations