• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

2003 Dungeons and Dragons Fantasy Adventure Board Game

Topics relating to Dungeons & Dragons.

2003 Dungeons and Dragons Fantasy Adventure Board Game

Postby DungeonDwarf » April 8th, 2019, 11:10 pm

So, I just recently acquired 2 copies of the 2003 Parker/Hasbro Dungeons and Dragons Fantasy Adventure Board Game. I know this game is apparently prettt rare on the US and some people have been saying it is like a D&D attempt at HeroQuest. Just curious if any of you currently own/play this game and what your thoughts are on it? I got it more as a collector and perhaps something simple I could play with my children later.

I know there was a previous post about this game.. but it was from 9 years ago...
DungeonDwarf

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: 2003 Dungeons and Dragons Fantasy Adventure Board Game

Postby Pancho » April 9th, 2019, 12:15 pm

I’ve never owned or played it but I did recently get some of the figures on eBay. This game is a great source for obtaining extra HQ monsters, in particular some of the creatures make great substitutes for the monsters in the Barbarian quest pack.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby DungeonDwarf » April 9th, 2019, 12:21 pm

That's a good idea Pancho. I'll have to crack the box open and look at the minis again. Side note, I also picked up a batch of Battle Masters minis on the cheap to in HQ (mostly the beastmen and the ogre).
DungeonDwarf

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby OB1TO » August 3rd, 2021, 4:36 pm

I love Dungeons & Dragons, but I don't have the 2003 edition. I played it with my friends a long time ago, and it was an exciting experience. It was a normal day off when we wanted to play D&D as usual, but my friend, who wanted to be the host, got this edition. We all cringed because it wasn't cheap, and it was hard to get. I wasn't sure what the rules were in this edition and opened the D&D Guide, the rules can vary a lot from edition to edition. We played it and had an unforgettable experience. He put it on his shelf as a trophy of sorts.
Last edited by StratosVX on April 15th, 2023, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link
OB1TO

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Room