• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

replacement box for storage/transport

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

replacement box for storage/transport

Postby timlillig » May 2nd, 2018, 3:52 pm

I'm looking at possibly traveling with Heroquest and I'm thinking of buying/making a box or shell to hold everything. It would just be the contents of the main game, but possibly also KK and RotWL, depending on how space works out. I have painted the miniatures, so I will probably figure out foam to hold them at the same time.

I'm not looking for anything with art on it or a replacement copy of the original box, nor am I looking for a way to repair or reinforce my original box. I'm just looking for ideas for how to keep my copy together for travel.

My initial thoughts are to make a shell out of foam core, cardboard, or coroplast. I have also seen a couple of wood boxes. That seems a bit more heavy duty than I want to deal with, but I would like to see whatever design you might have.
timlillig

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: replacement box for storage/transport

Postby TMU » May 15th, 2018, 6:34 am

There are several wooden boxes made for HQ somewhere in the depths of the forum. Shouldn't be too hard to find them by searching me thinks :)
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » May 15th, 2018, 7:23 am

TMU wrote:There are several wooden boxes made for HQ somewhere in the depths of the forum. Shouldn't be too hard to find them by searching me thinks :)

Should search for "wooden box" or "carry case" or "DIY box" or what would you suggest?
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » May 15th, 2018, 9:19 am

Hard to beat a foam case from Feldherr or Kaiser-Rushforth for the price.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 15th, 2018, 12:17 pm

I persoanlly love those questions where people want others to chew everything for them. How hard is it to google "Hero Quest case" or "...box"?
But no, we need fifteen links compiled by the original authors. Those questions have been overflowing the forum lately.
I'm all for conversation, but come on...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » May 15th, 2018, 11:05 pm

knightkrawler wrote:I'm all for conversation, but come on...

Then... with any and all due respect.... shut up!

God dammit! I hate comments like this one!

"Google it!" "Why don't you just search yourself!?"

Maybe instead of the lonely anti-social boring way of doing things, they wanted to actively engage in the community they're a part of. God forbid!

I don't care if people think I'm overreacting. And I'm not sorry. If this post results in infractions or disciplinary action from the administration/moderators, so be it.

This is one of the things in modern society that infuriates me.

Ugh!
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » May 16th, 2018, 6:39 am

I agree with KK. I just searched trough the forum and it took me four minutes to find the thread were wooden boxes for HQ were compared. I hinted that cases done by other members are found here but couldn't be bothered to find the exact link since I didn't need it personally.

http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=523&hilit=chest+wood

Still think I shouldn't have to do this but oh well, I was there already. You're welcome. |_P

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby aaronAGN » May 16th, 2018, 7:07 am

Suggesting ways to search for it here on the site is fine.
It's not the same as condescending to a fellow member and saying "oh I just LOVE when..." and "google it".
Which is what KK did.
Timlillig was just trying to engage with his fellow fans.
KK's response was rude.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » May 16th, 2018, 9:14 am

Well, as long as I have known KK he doesn't mean anything he says on a bad way, sarcastic and straight-yes, rude-no. What he means is it would take as long to search whatever you are looking for that it takes to type the initial question. I find it a bit lazy to just wait for someone to send you the link to whatever you need instead of trying to find it yourself. After all this, I do not mean timlillig did so, he might have searched but just couldn't find it. :2cents:

Rewards:
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » May 16th, 2018, 11:02 am

aaronAGN wrote:Then... with any and all due respect.... shut up!

God dammit! I hate comments like this one!

|_P SNAP!
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Next

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion