• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Fully co-op version of HeroQuest

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Fully co-op version of HeroQuest

Postby marlowc » June 2nd, 2016, 6:07 am

I have developed fully co-op versions of the original Quest Book, and Kellars Keep. No DM is required, and they could be played solo if desired. The files are on the HeroQuest section of boardgamegeek if any one would like to give them a try.
I'm working on the Dark Company quest at the moment. It's definitely my favourite, played 3 times so far and Hinsgrim still lives :D
marlowc

Forum Language: British English

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Fully co-op version of HeroQuest

Postby Patroclus » June 2nd, 2016, 12:37 pm

I can't find it. Can you send us the link or more details for how to find it?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » June 2nd, 2016, 1:04 pm

Ok, I found it. The link is https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/132780/co-op-heroquest-part-1

Wow, nice job! You may find useful the Booklet Creator, where you can give images and it can bind them as a booklet in pdf format:
http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=165&t=1392

I’ve found that about traps, it is better if you can say that “they probably are in the marked spot, but until you do a search for traps you should roll one dice for each step you do on each unexplored square. If you score 1 the trap is on your current square.”
This is not very disturbing and causes tension. You afraid to move many squares if you know that you can roll a 1.

Also, you can say that “you describe your entire move and roll that many D6 as the number of unexplored squares you have pass. Roll all the dices together and check them from left to right to see if you roll any 1s”. For example, if you find a 1 on the first dice from left, the trap was on your first step, if you find a 1 on the second from left, it’s on the second. It’s almost impossible for two dices to be in a position that you can’t tell which is more left or right. This will reduce the number of rolls to just one with more dices.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:

Postby marlowc » June 2nd, 2016, 1:48 pm

Glad you found it OK. Being new here I wasn't sure if it was allright to post download links on the forum.
As regards the traps problem, I'm happy to leave it as is. To be honest once a group has a bit of experience they always search for traps as a matter of routine any way. This saves the rather tedious mantra of "Searching for traps and secret doors" every time they come to a fresh bit of the dungeon. :D
marlowc

Postby Patroclus » June 2nd, 2016, 4:26 pm

That is absolutely true about secret doors. You always search for them with 100% chance to find them. But still they have some meaning in the adventure, because secret door is always a secret door. Someone put it there to “hide” something good or maybe bad, you will find only if you enter! |_P

About traps it’s not the same because you can search for traps only if there is no monster in line of sight. So, each time you enter a room you may feel that something is wrong but you are never sure until you step on it. But it’s nothing crucial, I agree that you have to make it simple and it’s ok. About my rule, I’ve test it and it works fine because I afraid to make too many steps exactly as when I am playing with others.

Rewards:
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:

Postby marlowc » June 6th, 2016, 10:05 am

The fully co-op adaptation of the Dark Company quest is now available for download from boardgamegeek.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/1327 ... est-part-1

This is definitely my favourite, a real labyrinthine dungeon and quite a challenge, even for fully maxed out heroes. Played it 3 times so far, and Hinsgrim still lives !
marlowc

Postby Daedalus » January 30th, 2017, 5:57 am

Finding the traps automatically in this set of linked Quests works fine as the traps nearly always have to be crossed anyway. I see you chose to neatly omit other traps that could be avoided by walking around them, as in Mellar's Maze of the Main Game System. Ideally, those traps should remain, but your solution works well without them.

I'd say it's possible and worthwhile for such avoidable traps to remain included in such Quests. The rule:
    If no monsters are visibe to a Hero, any trap in the same room or corridor that can be avoided by moving around its surrounding squares must first be jumped or disarmed. At least one such trap must be dealt with by a Hero before he searches for treasure or exits the area.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Other Expansion Topics