• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Roleplaying HeroQuest?

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Roleplaying HeroQuest?

Postby gloriousbattle » April 26th, 2010, 3:29 pm

HQ seems to be so close to a role playing game, that I am curious if anybody has ever tried to create some simple add on rules to make it so.

Thanks
gloriousbattle
 
Posts: 2
Joined: April 26th, 2010, 3:02 pm

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Roleplaying HeroQuest?

Postby el_flesh » April 26th, 2010, 4:14 pm

Our DM made a new set of character rules/abilities and skill sets that tier up as you level up.
He already grants XP per monster slain. He checks your dice rolls for searches.
He checks dice rolls for monster behavior.
He checks if you want another beer, and does nothing with dice when asking that.

It's pretty doable and damn fun.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1315
Images: 4
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Roleplaying HeroQuest?

Postby torilen » April 30th, 2010, 1:31 pm

I'm actually in the process of mixing the classic, Basic D&D with HeroQuest style gaming rules. So far, its working out pretty well - it adds a bit
more depth to the gaming, but keeps it very simple, like HeroQuest is.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Roleplaying HeroQuest?

Postby Skulmar » May 1st, 2010, 1:23 am

I thought Hero Quest was the definition of a Role Playing Game.


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog.
Skulmar

Skeleton
Skeleton
 
Posts: 28
Joined: August 22nd, 2009, 2:37 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Roleplaying HeroQuest?

Postby el_flesh » May 1st, 2010, 7:43 am

Seems to me the role playing depends on your imagination. You could put loads into it and talk for the Barb in a Schwarzenneger voice, or you could just play the game as if the 4 heroes are different powered pieces - and not paint anything.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1315
Images: 4
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Roleplaying HeroQuest?

Postby drathe » May 1st, 2010, 11:40 am

Not sure exactly why, but in my games, it doesn't matter who has has the Dwarf, he always ends up with a Sean Connery voice. Weird.
Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper
 
Posts: 2935
Images: 103
Joined: August 16th, 2008, 2:55 pm
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Roleplaying HeroQuest?

Postby Skulmar » May 2nd, 2010, 2:50 am

drathe wrote:Not sure exactly why, but in my games, it doesn't matter who has has the Dwarf, he always ends up with a Sean Connery voice. Weird.

lol!!!!!!


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog.
Skulmar

Skeleton
Skeleton
 
Posts: 28
Joined: August 22nd, 2009, 2:37 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Roleplaying HeroQuest?

Postby joec » November 23rd, 2010, 1:05 pm

Necro'd this thread...

I've been thinking about this more and more, and really, I love HeroQuest for its simplicity. For me, If I want Roleplaying, I'll play something else, like D&D, but I'll still try to incorporate some more RP type aspects to start bridging the gap to that.

That being said, Flesh, I'd love to see the rules you guys developed for HQ.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 273
Joined: July 6th, 2010, 4:24 pm
Location: Detroit, MI USA
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Roleplaying HeroQuest?

Postby el_flesh » November 23rd, 2010, 3:21 pm

Beernut's website should be up and running soon enough!
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1315
Images: 4
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Roleplaying HeroQuest?

Postby HeroQuestFrance » January 5th, 2011, 5:58 am

I use a quick & simple rules of D&D (basic boardgame box wizard of the coast 2003/2004) to play HeroQuest.

I also still work on the huge project with action points like Dragon Fire & Space Hulk games 19988/1992.
And I'm working on a new nice surprise guyz ...


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 390
Joined: January 14th, 2009, 11:27 am
Location: FRANCE
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Rules

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron