• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Preview] [Quest Pack] [5 Quests] The Labyrinths of Muroidea

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

[Preview] [Quest Pack] [5 Quests] The Labyrinths of Muroidea

Postby EvilWizardCharacter » August 23rd, 2015, 2:04 am

Hey Everyone,

After finishing all 66 quests in the last 18 months with a dedicated group of experienced gamers, I have decided to step up my HQ tinkering and publish an original expansion pack centered around a fifth Hero we long ago added to our group: the Skaven.

I plan to update this thread regularly with info and playthroughs, but I've also started a blog to facilitate all the media I'll be posting here and elsewhere. The address is http://evilwizardcharacter.wordpress.com

As the subject suggests, the expansion is entitled, "The Labyrinths of Muroidea," and focuses on Zargon's takeover of the Skaven homeland, Muroidea.

If you haven't already, please feel free to check the blog and/or follow me on Twitter, where I will regularly post photos from our Thursday game-nights. My new, HQ-only Twitter handle is @Evil_Wizard_89

Here is the link to the first introductory post: https://evilwizardcharacter.wordpress.com/2015/08/23/the-labyrinths-of-muroidea-2/

:blackshield: ,
EWC

[Jump to downloads: Prologue, Quest 1, Quest 2, Quest 3, Quest 4 and appendix, Quest 5

Additional components needed: 5 Beastmen*, 2 Doomguard*, 3 Dwarf Tinkerers*, 4 Flying Foxes*, 5 Giant Recluses*, 1 Minotaur*, 1 Ogre Warrior (optional), 4 Plague Rats*, 1 Scout, 6 Skaven*, 1 Skaven Necromancer (Shale), 3 Skaven Tavern NPCs (Publican, Rebus, Ebenezer), 1 Skaven Thrall, 1 Swordsman, 5 Widows*
* (from Evil Wizard Character Blog)
Bottomless Shaft Tiles (from Warhammer Quest or Ye Olde Inn), Cage Room (from Frozen Horror),Carpet Room Tile (from Against the Ogre Horde), Cave Tiles: Cave One, Cave Two, Cave Three, Cave Five, 2 Cave with Four Rooms, S-Shaped Cave (from Ye Olde Inn), +1 Chest, Cloud of Chaos Tile (from Kellar's Keep), 2 Coffins (from Return of the Witch Lord), Cliff Corridor Tile (from KK), +3 Double Blocked Square Tiles, Ice Gremlin Treasure Room Tile, (from FH), 1 Iron Entrance Door and 1 Wooden Exit Door (from Kellar's Keep or RotWL), 4 Long Pit Trap Tiles (from Mage of the Mirror), 1 Portcullis (from MotM), 2 Rat Hole Doors, 2 Skull Piles, +1 Stairs Tile, 2 long and 2 short Stairway Tiles (from KK or RotWL), 4 Stone Doors (from AtOH), 2 Trap Door Tiles (from KK or RotWL), 5 Web Tokens (from Warhammer Quest or Ye Olde Inn)
Cloak of Darkness and Book of Blood Artifact Cards, Chaos Spell Tokens (from AtOH), Darkness and Protection Spell Cards (from WoM), Chaos Spell Cards (from North American Main Game System), Soothe Chaos Spell Card (from FH)
Colored dice

This Quest Pack is intended for a group of Heroes that have completed all of the canon Quests. -edit]
Last edited by Daedalus on November 2nd, 2016, 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Formatting

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
EvilWizardCharacter

Orc
Orc

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: The Labyrinths of Muroidea: A Skaven Expansion Pack

Postby Sjeng » August 23rd, 2015, 6:37 am

Well, that sounds promising! Keep us updated, I would love to see the quest and pictures of you playing it with your friends. Perhaps I can copy your blog posts to the Inn's blog if you'd like ;)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby EvilWizardCharacter » August 24th, 2015, 5:41 am

Sjeng,

I'd love for you to repost my updates to the blog here at Ye Olde Inn.

I plan to post here, by the way, whenever I update new content to the blog, which I will be doing tomorrow night (around midnight PT).

:blackshield:,
EWC

Rewards:
EvilWizardCharacter

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby EvilWizardCharacter » August 25th, 2015, 2:55 am

Hey Everyone,

I've just uploaded new content to my Expanding HeroQuest blog: https://evilwizardcharacter.wordpress.com/2015/08/25/the-heroes/

The post details our current party's Heroes on the eve of the expansion.

Sjeng, please feel free to post any and all content to the blog here at Ye Olde Inn.

EWC

Rewards:
EvilWizardCharacter

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby EvilWizardCharacter » August 27th, 2015, 7:59 pm

Hey All,

New content on the blog again: https://evilwizardcharacter.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/the-monsters-traps-and-ailments/

This time, the post details the new Monsters, Traps, and Ailments in the expansion.

I welcome any and all comments or recommendations.

EWC

Rewards:
EvilWizardCharacter

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » August 27th, 2015, 8:09 pm

I like that. Nice reading and great use of the colored dice.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby EvilWizardCharacter » August 28th, 2015, 4:06 am

Thanks,clmckay!

Rewards:
EvilWizardCharacter

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 28th, 2015, 4:45 am

Great read, that blog.
Regarding your miniature source queries: the Beastmen are from Battle Masters (or BattleMasters, German: Claymore Saga), the Dwarf Tinkers are Chaos Dwarfs from Warhammer 3rd/4th edition.
I like what you did for that quest pack, building up an entire microcosm of supposedly weighted monsters and traps that replace the game system's completely - which I like.
When I'll write my quest packs, none of which will be longer than 6 quests, I'll sprinkle one or two monster types from an old one into each new one to tie it all together.
Continue the awesomeness.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby EvilWizardCharacter » August 28th, 2015, 5:36 am

Thanks for the miniature info, knightkrawler. I've already updated the post.

The new monsters have been a lot of fun, but I expect by the time we finish this run in Muroidea, we'll all be ready for some good old fashioned Fimir once again.

To be honest, I'm already thinking about throwing some Mummies into the third quest as it is!

Rewards:
EvilWizardCharacter

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 28th, 2015, 6:52 am

Yeah, why not? As I said, re-using familiar foes ties it all together.
Also, I'm now mentioned on an awesome blog! Twice.
I'm touching myself in funny places.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Quests and Quest Packs