• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My minis

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

My minis

Postby Anderas » March 22nd, 2015, 4:47 pm

Ok, if everybody has his thread here, i will start my own, too.

I will post VERY irregularly; but hopefully get some good feedback from you.
My very first Mini was a skeleton of GW; intended to train a bit the Bone technique.

Foundation was with black paint, then white out of the airbrush.

Everything was painted with Coat d'arms "Bone" color; washed with GW Devlan Mud, looked at, nearly thrown up (because i didn't remove the mold lines.... :oops: never use wash with Mold lines! :D ), again painted with "Bone", highlighted with "Khaki" of Vallejo and then put carefully some Sepia and Devlan Mud only where I wanted it to be.

Well, for the first Skeleton after years of Orks I think it is ok. It was to test the Color Scheme, too. There are basically three skeletons: The Yellowish "Bone" Skeleton; the White&Black "easy" skeleton and the white skeleton with some blue in the recesses to show that it is really really super white bone. After I tried the yellow color scheme, i think this is not perfect. But I don't like the others. No way out? Let's see.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: My minis

Postby Rook » March 22nd, 2015, 6:54 pm

Looking sharp thus far! And yeah, gotta nab those mould lines before the wash makes them stick out on ya!

Glad to see more project logs too :)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Rook
A dense collection of housing

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 23rd, 2015, 7:51 am

In the same go i painted a dozen Goblins. But i didn't yet take some photos.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Pitbullsandaks » March 23rd, 2015, 8:58 am

We'll take some and stop teasing! ;)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Pitbullsandaks

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Diggin » March 23rd, 2015, 9:53 am

Well this one Skeleton looks perfect to me! And the Base is very nice, can you buy those somewhere?
"Good and Evil, there never is one without the other."
Diggin

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 23rd, 2015, 2:14 pm

I bought the bases here

http://www.spielematerial.de/de/100-pla ... 52-gr.html

You have to switch to "weiß" then it's the correct one.

The only problem is the size - sufficient for the small monsters, for the big ones they are a bit small.

With a bit of search it should be possible to find the 25mm variant in the same shop (it is horrible bad sorted)

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » March 25th, 2015, 12:24 pm

OK. Where the HELL did u get that skeleton?!?
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » March 25th, 2015, 12:25 pm

el_flesh wrote:OK. Where the HELL did u get that skeleton?!?

I'm 99% certain it's an old Warhammer plastic kit skeleton.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » March 25th, 2015, 12:26 pm

That's a very regular old GW/Citadel plastic multipart skeleton. If you swoon over this one you should see some other skeletons from other manufacturers.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 25th, 2015, 1:58 pm

Yes, i once bought a plastic Skeleton Box of GW some fifteen or twenty years ago to have some Bones for my Orks.
This is the only one that survived complete.

In fact i don't think it is very good. Look at the shoulders.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Miniatures