• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroScribe for Twisted Catacombs?

Discuss Icons for use on Cards and Quest Maps.

HeroScribe for Twisted Catacombs?

Postby Jasper Akhkharu » February 24th, 2015, 4:13 pm

So, hands down, HeroScribe is awesome, and so are the Zealot Miniatures Twisted Catacombs scenery. Unfortunately, the two aren't very compatible. Some of the TC scenery is not the same size as the original HQ stuf, plus there's lots of other new stuff. There is a 1x1 bookcase, a 2x2 table, a 2x1 cupboard, an alchemist's bench that is 2x1, etc.

If i were to say that I wanted to create some TC scenery icons for HeroScribe, would anyone be able to advise me on how to do that? I know Python, but I have no experience in any other category (making images for the icons, getting them into HeroScribe, etc).

How do I make the icons? do I try drawing them in a painting/drawing program, then use the info on the link to import them? I would be willing to give that a whirl, just dont want to put time into something unless i know i'm going about it the right way first.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jasper Akhkharu

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: HeroScribe for Twisted Catacombs?

Postby Gold Bearer » February 24th, 2015, 6:51 pm

The only advice I can give is to edit the existing ones to save time.

Did you know there's already a smaller scenery add on?
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » February 25th, 2015, 2:03 am

Jasper Akhkharu wrote:If i were to say that I wanted to create some TC scenery icons for HeroScribe, would anyone be able to advise me on how to do that? I know Python, but I have no experience in any other category (making images for the icons, getting them into HeroScribe, etc).

How do I make the icons? do I try drawing them in a painting/drawing program, then use the info on the link to import them? I would be willing to give that a whirl, just dont want to put time into something unless i know i'm going about it the right way first.

There is a length tutorial on HeroScribe.org
http://www.heroscribe.org/help.html#New icons

I've used it in the past to assist Derfel Link in making additional icons for the YeOldeInn Icon Pack.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Thantos » February 25th, 2015, 8:22 am

Sounds like a cool idea :D After delivering the KS is all done, if i can help in an way, im happy to. Can provide top-down images of all the scenery which could be traced over to make icons if needed :)
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby slev » February 25th, 2015, 8:34 am

Ohhhhhhhh, this could be good!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Jasper Akhkharu » February 25th, 2015, 11:19 am

Awesome everyone, thanks. I will check out that link and look at some of the 'scaled down' options that have been mentioned. It might be easiest to edit the existing images, since I can probably just copy them, edit, and rename and save... might have to enlist Derfel in adding them to an icon pack later on.

Most of the TC stuff had footprint sizes with them when I filled out the pledge manager, but a few are still not sculpted or cast. Its not a project that would happen over night, but starting something early seems like a good plan.

Rewards:
Jasper Akhkharu

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » February 25th, 2015, 11:56 am

Thantos wrote:Sounds like a cool idea :D After delivering the KS is all done, if i can help in an way, im happy to. Can provide top-down images of all the scenery which could be traced over to make icons if needed :)

That would be pretty helpful. I'm willing to assist if I can. I've been getting more familiar with Inkscape from the projects I've had going on lately.
Last edited by StratosVX on February 25th, 2015, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » February 25th, 2015, 12:04 pm

You can actually change the position of an icon by .5 squares in every direction.
That and using the Mini Furniture map, where furniture is smaller in relation to the squares as a default might get you where you want to go.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby StratosVX » February 25th, 2015, 12:33 pm

knightkrawler wrote:You can actually change the position of an icon by .5 squares in every direction.
That and using the Mini Furniture map, where furniture is smaller in relation to the squares as a default might get you where you want to go.

You can actually shift them in 0.1 increments.

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » February 25th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Well, that's 5 times more awesome than I was aware of, then.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Icons