• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hirst Arts Heroquest Board

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Hirst Arts Heroquest Board

Postby TheTerraintutor » August 18th, 2014, 4:55 pm

Hiya Folks,

I've always wanted a proper 3D hirsts arts heroquest board and so I've finally taken the plunge and got stuck in. So far, I've cast all the tiles I need and mounted them on 6mm MDF ....

Image

Obviously I've got to repaint the grey tiles and then paint the rest in proper heroquest colours. Once that's done, it'll be time to start adding wall and doors etc.

So guys, what do you think?

Mel

Ps - I'll be covering the build on my youtube channel, feel free to check it out .... http://www.youtube.com/theterraintutor
Helping you build better battlefields, no matter what game you play .... http://www.youtube.com/theterraintutor
User avatar
TheTerraintutor

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 11
Joined: August 18th, 2014, 4:25 pm
Location: Staffordshire
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Hirst Arts Heroquest Board

Postby StratosVX » August 18th, 2014, 8:07 pm

I'd love to see how this continues to progress. Looking good so far.


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: November 6th, 2012, 12:44 am
Location: Utah, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Hirst Arts Heroquest Board

Postby Thantos » August 19th, 2014, 3:06 am

Very cool :D
Are they resin or plaster/ stone?
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 782
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 6:28 am
Location: UK
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Hirst Arts Heroquest Board

Postby Goblin-King » August 19th, 2014, 4:27 am

So far so good.
What are you planning to do regarding walls/doors?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Hirst Arts Heroquest Board

Postby Redav » August 19th, 2014, 7:33 pm

Great work. As much as I'd love something like this, I couldn't fit one in our present townhouse and even when we move into a real house, I'm still not sure I could justify having one but keen to see how this goes.

Subscribed!
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master
 
Posts: 486
Joined: June 22nd, 2013, 6:28 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Hirst Arts Heroquest Board

Postby Sjeng » August 20th, 2014, 3:24 am

Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Hirst Arts Heroquest Board

Postby TheTerraintutor » August 20th, 2014, 7:08 pm

Stratos - Cheers matey

Thantos - cheers, it's crystical, an industrial casting power mate.

Goblin-King - Initially, I'll build free standing doors as the rooms will all be coloured differently and are separate pieces but moving forward, I want to build proper walls and doors but got to get the board finished first.

Redev - It all fits in a shoe box mate

Sjeng - Yeah, I've seen those mate, love that board!

Just a little crack filling tonight, I don't have the solid tile mold and want to use the cracked tiles for the boards corridors. A little bit of filler and now I've got some solid tiled rooms!

Image
Helping you build better battlefields, no matter what game you play .... http://www.youtube.com/theterraintutor
User avatar
TheTerraintutor

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 11
Joined: August 18th, 2014, 4:25 pm
Location: Staffordshire
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Re: Hirst Arts Heroquest Board

Postby Thantos » August 21st, 2014, 3:47 am

TheTerraintutor wrote:Just a little crack filling tonight,

Interesting phrase :lol:

Looks good, how tough is that plaster?
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 782
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 6:28 am
Location: UK
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Hirst Arts Heroquest Board

Postby TheTerraintutor » August 21st, 2014, 8:52 am

;-)

Crystical R has a compression PSI of around 14,000, Herculite is around 5,000PSI, so it's pretty strong. For example, I can't break the tiles with my bare hands, I have to use pliers. It's cure to demould time is around 15 minutes, so it's perfect for hirst arts stuff mate.
Helping you build better battlefields, no matter what game you play .... http://www.youtube.com/theterraintutor
User avatar
TheTerraintutor

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 11
Joined: August 18th, 2014, 4:25 pm
Location: Staffordshire
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Re: Hirst Arts Heroquest Board

Postby mitchiemasha » August 21st, 2014, 4:32 pm

That's looking good.


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:05 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Project Forge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests