• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dragon Strike Quest pack

Topics related to Dragon Strike.

Dragon Strike Quest pack

Postby Nephew of Mentor » August 26th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Has anyone converted the entire book of Dragon Strike Adventures into a HeroQuest quest pack? I would like to know before I do any work. I would like to tie it all in to the Heroquest world so that it is more than just compatible and more like an expansion.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Dragon Strike Quest pack

Postby Maike05 » August 27th, 2012, 3:26 am

Never heard of anyone who has done it before. Good idea though!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » August 27th, 2012, 12:00 pm

I believe Lord Narren's Battles by Dewayne Agin were an adaptation of the Dragon Strike quests. But that doesn't mean it couldn't be done again using modern tools and ideas, or take the old and improve upon it.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 27th, 2012, 12:20 pm

That's a great plan, indeed.
Thinking of doing it with the D&D boardgames far far into the future...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 27th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Was that even English I used up there?
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » August 27th, 2012, 7:17 pm

Thanks for pointing out that Lord Narran's Battles. That will be great for reference especially since they included tiles in that .zip file. Though I am still in the middle of working on Legacy of Sorasil, I have already transcribed the adventure book and created a cover from the old art. I never have enough sense to focus on one project at a time.
Last edited by Nephew of Mentor on September 30th, 2012, 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » September 10th, 2012, 11:07 pm

Speaking of that page. Does anyone know what Cellars Of Blood, The Quest For The Sword, The Quest For The Lichemaster, or Carag Eight Peaks are adapted from?

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » September 10th, 2012, 11:31 pm

They were adapted from Advanced HeroQuest articles in White Dwarf magazine.

Carag 8 Peaks has already been converted into an Agin's Inn Classic and is available on the Quest Pages
http://www.yeoldeinn.com/na-quests.php#classics

The others are currently being converted to Agin's Inn Classics and will be released once finished.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » September 11th, 2012, 10:35 am

Awesome, I was curious if anyone had done that. Has anyone ever adapted Terror in the Dark, or the original AHQ quests? Thanks for the info.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Hinks12 » September 13th, 2012, 11:21 am

I found this on a page awhile back it includes the quest book if you don't have it You may get some good ideas from it. http://the-lost-and-the-damned.664610.n ... 30033.html I look foward to your questpack i always wanted to play dragonstrike when i was younger but my older brother never would.
Hinks12

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next

Return to Dragon Strike Room