As for me, I celebrated my 43rd birthday this monday.
Just like many other roleplayers I write my own RPGs for a hobby. My first one was "Megama" (which I started back in school and army, and at the very beginning of university, still in handwriting), with extremely detailed rules (perhaps not very player-friendly
One day (years later) I made up a SF game together with a friend, called "2051".It playes in the near future. A technique has been discovered of opening gates to parallel universes, but it's top secret. As passing through the gates can cause mutations, criminals with high sentences are offered an amnesty in exchange for listing in expeditions to unexplored parallel worlds. We really made it up in one evening. I later wrote down some basic rules, not enough to publish, but enough to play, and we really had a group playing it for some time.
Next idea was "Modulo", a PnP rpg with a simple basic set of rules and several "modules" - different versions of rules for combat, magic, abilities etc, of which players would stick together their own system. I started to work it out several times, but never got very far. My ideas for the Olde Inn Modular System for House Rules (working title: "the Tome"), which most of you will know, is of course based in Modulo. One time a friend and his wife wanted to start a rpg group and asked me be GM. I used the Modulo rules and the world background of my old Megama concept. It worked quite well, but we never used modules, but sticked with the basic rules, mosly because half of the players were very unexperienced rp gamers.
Most recently (but it still has been more than a year that I last worked on it) I started to do Harry Potter rpg togther with a friend.
Whew... nostalgia... just had to write this.. should go to bed now...




























