• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Revised Edition

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby slev » March 29th, 2017, 4:09 am

Now half-way through Ogre Horde!
ALso added proper covers to teh Rules and Dungeon Guide, errata done for those two, and formatting errors fixed on the first three Quest Books!
I love it when I have the time to make progress!!

One annoying thing has been the odd page counts, leaving me with blank space at the end of each Quest Book to make the document up to full registers for printing. The originals had rules and such, I've nothing to put there, as it's all in the rule booklets!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby slev » March 29th, 2017, 9:49 am

Realising I'm running afoul of teh art gods again, I need cover images for teh four US Quest packs (Barbarian, Elf, Dwarf, & Wizard), The Dark Company, Shadows of Chaos, & Knights of Chaos.
*sigh*

I can't even find good copies of the Barbarian and Elf quest pack illustrations!

Can anyone help please?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby knightkrawler » March 29th, 2017, 11:15 am

I'm quite artless myself.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby slev » April 1st, 2017, 12:45 pm

Updated all the books, Quest Book 4 is up!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby Gold Bearer » April 1st, 2017, 1:07 pm

After reading the chaos spell cards...

I still like that you kept the original spells basically unchanged.

The Drain Magic fluff says you steal a spell but the rules part says they just discard it. That's the WoM Dispell which is low effectiveness, you have to discard a spell to make them discard a random one so it wouldn't be overpowered if you actually did steal a spell. That's a very coll spell effect as well, I use that in one of mine.

I know Earthquake says to refer to the dungeon guide but it would only take one more character space to say how many BP you lose.

Skulls Of Doom says oethereal, shouldn't that be aethereal?

Sleep's name has been changed to Torpor, never even heard that word before.

I think Wall Of Fire and Wall Of Ice should be fire and ice/water spells, not protection.

knightkrawler wrote:I'm quite artless myself.
Me too. :( That's why there's tons of pics Slev used that I really want to steal.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby slev » April 1st, 2017, 2:16 pm

Steal away dude!

I've updated Skulls of Doom, thx!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby Jafazo » April 1st, 2017, 5:11 pm

Just downloaded it all! Looks like I'll have some reading material for a while.
Unless you specify your version I'm going by the US rules.
User avatar
Jafazo

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion
 
Posts: 199
Joined: September 1st, 2014, 3:52 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby slev » April 1st, 2017, 6:48 pm

Jafazo wrote:Just downloaded it all! Looks like I'll have some reading material for a while.


Hope you like it!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby Count Mohawk » April 1st, 2017, 11:22 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:Skulls Of Doom says oethereal, shouldn't that be aethereal?

slev wrote:Steal away dude!

I've updated Skulls of Doom, thx!

Of all the ways you could buff Skulls of Doom, this is what you settle for? :lol: :lol: :lol: :gargoyle:


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
User avatar
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 696
Joined: July 11th, 2013, 5:18 pm
Location: New England, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby slev » April 2nd, 2017, 12:29 pm

Quest Book five is now up!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Rules

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests