• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Printing Tiles from the site?

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Printing Tiles from the site?

Postby timbrwolf » July 21st, 2016, 5:09 pm

What is the best way to print the custom made tiles, doors etc made by various users on the site? Every time I do so they either come out too big or too small?
timbrwolf

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: November 14th, 2013, 8:54 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Postby Anderas » July 22nd, 2016, 12:21 am

If you have Powerpoint, you can scale them exactly.
Any other layout tool will do, too.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear
 
Posts: 3397
Images: 73
Joined: September 20th, 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Postby timbrwolf » July 22nd, 2016, 7:02 pm

Should have Microsoft Power Point...also have photoshop elements...but that doesn't exactly help me. HOW do you scale them and how do you know that they need scaled before printing?
timbrwolf

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: November 14th, 2013, 8:54 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Postby StratosVX » July 23rd, 2016, 7:38 am

Photoshop has an option to have a ruler on the edges of your workspace so you can see the size of your images. I imagine Elements has the same thing. Turn that on and if the tiles are not the right size, use Control+T (Cmd+T on a Mac) to transform them to the right size. Make sure you hold down the shift button while you resize them so you don't change their aspect ratio.


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1145
Joined: November 6th, 2012, 12:44 am
Location: Utah, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Postby sajungzak » July 23rd, 2016, 7:59 am

Gimp has a similar feature.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96


Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 600
Joined: May 19th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Location: Spokane, Washington
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Postby knightkrawler » July 23rd, 2016, 9:27 am

StratosVX wrote:I imagine Elements has the same thing.


It does. I have the German version, the English should have that raster view under the View tab, if it is called that way at all.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Postby Anderas » July 23rd, 2016, 12:26 pm

Easiest way to have doors in the right size is to order them at Zealot's


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear
 
Posts: 3397
Images: 73
Joined: September 20th, 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Postby timbrwolf » July 23rd, 2016, 4:12 pm

Not looking for doors...

looking to reprint the staircase tile which I am missing as well as print some other, custom made tiles from this site at the correct size.

I did manage to turn the ruler on....though couldn't figure out what to do with it. With or without the ruler though elements does list the width and height of the tile as being:
W: 1.373 in
H: 2.222 in
I have no idea what the correct width and height of a tile in heroquest IS though.
timbrwolf

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: November 14th, 2013, 8:54 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Postby Wolf » July 30th, 2016, 6:19 pm

The way I do it is through word and Photoshop. I make sure every block is 100 pixels and line them up on a 850x1100 white background. Once I do that I make sure I stuff as much as I can (tiles wise) and then I save the image. Once I do that I open a Word document and make sure there are no margins and paste the picture to the Word Document. You can now print it on a regular piece of paper. After that I just glue it to a piece of foamboard.
My campaigns in order of story from left to right:
ImageImage

User avatar
Wolf

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 82
Joined: July 14th, 2016, 2:06 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Postby timbrwolf » August 5th, 2016, 6:11 pm

Thanks though that will only help in creating tiles won't it? I'm looking to print tiles already made....found on this site but at the correct ration. They are currently printing too big for me :(

Will see if can use that to adjust the size though *fingers crossed*
timbrwolf

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: November 14th, 2013, 8:54 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Tiles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest