• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

Postby QorDaq » February 8th, 2016, 7:19 pm

lucasdp wrote:Ooh! Hey GK, mousers are on the horizon for the Works edition! ;)


Again, should be in the base game but at least it'll be available for all Kickstarter pledges, so it's an awesome potential addition to the campaign regardless. I still have some 25mm scale led Mousers from many many years ago that I use for various games just because they're cool. a chance to get some more is pretty exciting... Heh. I'm a sucker for some things.

maj!

Edit: Bloody hell, missed that it is for the works edition only...*Sigh*...
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
User avatar
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 616
Joined: March 4th, 2014, 6:09 am
Location: U.S.
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

Postby Goblin-King » February 9th, 2016, 12:15 pm

I have a feeling the works will end up being worth it's value.
They have probably already planned everything that goes in the boxes. Unlocking SGs is just a "fun" way to keep interest while the KS runs.

Also:


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

Postby QorDaq » February 9th, 2016, 4:10 pm

Heh, classic on the CH treatment of Donnie... Poor guy...*Smirk*...
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
User avatar
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 616
Joined: March 4th, 2014, 6:09 am
Location: U.S.
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

Postby slev » February 11th, 2016, 5:28 am

My misses is a big TMNT fan, I'm a gungeon bash fan. We'll have to have a close look at this one.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

Postby sorcerersapprentice » February 11th, 2016, 5:34 pm

Considering how much time the turtles spend on rooftops:

for the next 75 minutes, this might peak people's interest:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/day-night-reversible-deluxe-city-rooftop-tile-set

I've made stupid amounts of different tiles, well over 100.
It's nearing the end and went very well.

SA
Something Wicked This Way Comes...

http://gametilewarehouse.wix.com/rpgtilesupply
User avatar
sorcerersapprentice

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 261
Images: 3
Joined: June 25th, 2015, 10:29 am
Location: Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

Postby QorDaq » February 13th, 2016, 11:22 am

I am losing faith folks... Here is a copy of my post over on the KS campaign... I don't mean to discourage anyone else, just felt I needed to update my position since my earlier comments were more optimistic and supportive of the campaign overall.

QorDaq on KS wrote:I hope this does not come across as hate-filled trolling, it's really not meant as such, I just figure if there is a place to air my concerns this would be it.

I have tried, really hard, to like this campaign. I have held out hope that it will improve and that I'll begin to sense the value in this project from a gamer's perspective.

I backed at "The Works" level hoping that it would prove to be the best method of getting some nice minis and maybe some other cool extras. I was a little leery that out of the gate a signed lithograph was the big sell. But I figured, surely there is plenty more coming to sweeten the pot, I mean this is already $50 dollars over and above the possibly over-priced $100 base game. Most campaigns that price like that include big-box expansions and the like when you pledge the extra $50+.

So now we are basically two-weeks in and up to three lithographs and a Kevin Eastman ally card? Oh and a mini-campaign revolving around the Eastman studio? And a few mousers which really should be part of the base game in the first place.

I think we all get it, it's a comic-based game. So, maybe art-work and meta-homages to the source material is appropriate, I don't know. I am sure there are fan boys/girls out there for whom this is all amazing content, but I don't feel like it really serves the game. It seems way more about serving Eastman's ego...*Sigh*... I am trying to like this campaign but I admit I am becoming disenchanted at this point. Maybe I am spoiled by some other "Big" campaigns, but for $150 (Plus shipping), I feel like I should be starting to see some value and I'm not feeling it.

We'll see how it goes, I won't remove my pledge until right at the end of the campaign (if I do), but I admit I am losing hope that this campaign will improve.

Again, I'm not intending to be disrespectful here, just putting my thoughts out there for the creators to (hopefully) see and consider.
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
User avatar
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 616
Joined: March 4th, 2014, 6:09 am
Location: U.S.
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

Postby Goblin-King » February 13th, 2016, 12:05 pm

Nah... sadly I'm there with you...
I'm a huge TMNT fan ever since the glorious 90's.

But I've just arrived from the Super Dungeon Explore Legends kickstarter, and compared to that (and every other ks I've backed) this is just one big let down.
A batch of mousers... then the next sg is just another handful of mousers. It was like the day or two after... That's just weak.
A joke character and a joke campaign doesn't hold much value to me either.
Too much cardboard and to few minis.

Everyone is super excited to see their various favorite CHARACTERS! I thought it was a matter of how many we'd get. But instead it's about if we hardly get any.
With this being the BIG release we shouldn't be brushed off with variants of basic thugs and foot ninjas.
What are they thinking, not pandering to the fans desire for characters? That's flat out stupid.
I'm holding out till the end, but the really need to up their game very soon!
I'm hoping they are bringing out the big guns any minute, but I don't believe it. Not from what we've seen so far.

In addition I find the boards to be incredible bland...

But the fact is, I'm getting *everything* or nothing. I'm in this for the minis. And if *everything* doesn't hold value I'm out.
I don't want to drop this. I really want these minis. But if I'm gonna have to wait several years to get basic stuff like Baxter, B&R and Krang... well...


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

Postby Goblin-King » February 14th, 2016, 5:43 am

Kickstarter update wrote:When we started working on this game, we had a plan to tightly follow IDW's narrative. Meaning we've been careful about what characters we use, and where the fights take place.

But we're seeing the comments you've made, and we're realizing so many of you are coming in from various different Turtles universes. Movies, TV, comics, video games. The Turtles have done it all!

So, while we will ultimately stay true to our vision, because of your input, we're working as fast as we can to develop a few monstrously big surprises for you.

Considering the fact that you've sledgehammered your way through our stretch goals faster than a chainsaw cuts through plywood, It's fair to say, you've earned something BIG.

By the end of this thing. We're going to deliver just that.

Well well well... 8-)


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

Postby QorDaq » February 14th, 2016, 12:55 pm

We'll see... I cannot see my concerns being met here, but I'll be watching closely.
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
User avatar
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 616
Joined: March 4th, 2014, 6:09 am
Location: U.S.
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

Postby Goblin-King » February 15th, 2016, 12:05 pm

QorDaq wrote:We'll see... I cannot see my concerns being met here, but I'll be watching closely.

Isn't your concerns lack of minis and something to justify the price tag?
That's basically what they are promising here.

What were you hoping for?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests