• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Treasure-Artifacts by Torilen - set 1

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Treasure-Artifacts by Torilen - set 1

Postby Sjeng » February 23rd, 2013, 3:25 pm

torilen wrote:I'll take care of it and repost for anyone who wants "good" copies

did you repost them?
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Treasure-Artifacts by Torilen - set 1

Postby AerynB » February 23rd, 2013, 4:23 pm

torilen wrote:Don't know if you would've seen my own creations on here...here is a link for you, in case you're interested.
I always like to see more variations on a theme or idea...mine is a wand. A "neck spot" is good, too.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1201&p=13333#p13333


No, I hadn't seen these before. I can't believe we both thought of gemstones ideas. :oops: drathe and I cooked up the circlet idea back in 2011, but I got sidetracked by another hobby last year and didn't come back to HQ til a couple of weeks ago. Seems like I haven't caught up on my forum reading yet. :lol:

These look great, aside from not having pictures of course. :( I understand your issues though. I just downloaded GIMP so that I could try making my own new cards instead of solely relying on drathe. I just can't figure it out though, and I feel like an idiot. Anyway, your treasures and artifacts really do sound cool. Good job! :mrgreen:

EDIT:
Sjeng wrote:
torilen wrote:I'll take care of it and repost for anyone who wants "good" copies

did you repost them?

Don't think so. I just downloaded the set and the different shields all say from red dragon still.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
Princess
AerynB
Resident Editor

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion
 
Posts: 197
Joined: September 11th, 2009, 6:23 pm
Location: Missouri
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Treasure-Artifacts by Torilen - set 1

Postby torilen » February 23rd, 2013, 7:57 pm

OH GOOD GRIEF - I did fix them...Guess I didn't upload the revised versions.
How sad is that? :oops:

And, as far as both of us coming up with gemstones - I stole my idea from the Diablo PC game. hehe


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Treasure-Artifacts by Torilen - set 1

Postby AerynB » February 23rd, 2013, 8:51 pm

Maybe gemstones are popular artifact/treasure ideas. ;)


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
Princess
AerynB
Resident Editor

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion
 
Posts: 197
Joined: September 11th, 2009, 6:23 pm
Location: Missouri
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Treasure-Artifacts by Torilen - set 1

Postby Sjeng » February 24th, 2013, 5:04 am

torilen wrote:OH GOOD GRIEF - I did fix them...Guess I didn't upload the revised versions.
How sad is that? :oops:

And, as far as both of us coming up with gemstones - I stole my idea from the Diablo PC game. hehe

you need to edit the first post, and replace the attachment. the old one is still there...
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Treasure-Artifacts by Torilen - set 1

Postby torilen » February 24th, 2013, 11:45 am

all righty then - finally fixed the problem. The REVISED pdf is now up. Sheesh - one day you guys will
get smart and stop letting me post things. :bites-lip:


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Treasure-Artifacts by Torilen - set 1

Postby Decipher » July 29th, 2015, 1:01 am

When you guys implement new treasure cards, do you take out some old ones from the original set, do you leave them in and just add more wondering monsters and hazards or what?


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 733
Images: 13
Joined: June 11th, 2013, 1:23 am
Location: Wytheville, VA
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Treasure-Artifacts by Torilen - set 1

Postby torilen » July 29th, 2015, 9:12 am

I haven't play-tested a lot of these with a group...just some simple testing I do myself,
with the heroes against some monsters to see how things balance out for a combat.
I would probably add some more monsters and hazards, though. Ideally, using homebrew
treasures like this - especially if there are a lot of them to choose from and/or to allow
the heroes to find, one would use homebrew quests that would be bigger and more involved.

You'll notice, also, that some of the treasures and artifacts can lean a lot more toward roleplaying
than simple questing. Take the blessed candles (large and small) - these are in the second set.
They can be used to get bonuses or give penalties in combat, sure...but they can be used for roleplaying,
as well - consecrating an area for a certain ritual or to make it a holy place for a shrine...perhaps make
it holy for the site of a future church that the heroes will then have to quest to find special cornerstones
for...things like that.

Also in the second set - shine stones...they really don't do anything except give light in dark places.
In set 5, the tunneling hammer and woodman's axe lean more toward roleplaying, though offer some
bonus in combat against certain creatures.

Some items, as the sword of destruction in set 6, are limited use. So they would make things off-balance
for a bit, but once used, that's it until the next quest. Just a few extra monsters or a good hazard or two
would off-set things like this easily.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Previous

Return to Cards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest