• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

LurchBrick Space Crusade PC game

Topics related to Space Crusade

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » February 13th, 2015, 12:44 pm

:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby LurchBrick » February 13th, 2015, 8:08 pm

Thanks mate. I'll definitely include them in the next update. I'm more than happy to add more missions for others to try out.

I thing I noticed is that the Perge mission links to a mission called Wal2 and not the other 2 missions you supplied.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 148
Joined: July 23rd, 2009, 9:13 am
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » February 13th, 2015, 9:18 pm

Destroy Plasma Delivery System needs to be renamed to wal2 if you want it to load up after Perge.

Some more that I noticed earlier:
I was able to trade in three honour bages for a promotion. The IFs got one in the first mission and two in the second one.

A chaos commander was reveled in a closed room when a tarantla walked past the door.

A blip also revealed as a gretchin, I think it was just after frenzy. I can't remember if a tarantula was around.

It's hard to get it to select one of the doors for the dreadnaught factories in the the editor, it keeps selecting the room.

The tarantulas can turn in places they shouldn't be able to because there's a wall blocking them.

The IP commander can't fire his combiweapon in different modes in the same turn.

You don't lose points for marines that die because you run out of time, although that's quite handy if you need more points.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby LurchBrick » February 14th, 2015, 2:03 am

I was able to trade in three honour bages for a promotion. The IFs got one in the first mission and two in the second one. - I couldn't replicate this. I started the normal missions and just like you did, got 1 honour badge in the 1st mission and then 2 in the 2nd mission. No Rank button was displayed during the mission summary display.

Marines can't shoot past corners. - I can't replicate this. No matter what position I put the marines in, they can shoot past a corner. You'll need to send me a screenshot of this issue as it happens.

Equipment malfunction - I couldn't replicate this. Are you sure the alien event didn't target Blind grenades from another chapter that hadn't used Blind grenades yet?

Marines can't move diagonally straight after opening a door. - I haven't been able to replicate this either. All the testing I did showed the marines being able to move diagonally after opening a door.

The blood angles commander sounds like he's wounded when his force field protects him. - Which weapon caused this issue to occur?

Tarantulas can't target the other side of a destroyed bulkhead - I couldn't replicate this, I need a screenshot. When there's a target directly in front of the tarantula the targeting graphics say you can't hit them but you can - I also couldn't replicate this, another screenshot please.

The IP commander can't fire his combiweapon in different modes in the same turn. - Why would he be able to? Having a combi-weapon doesn't automatically grant him the ability to fire more than once per turn.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 148
Joined: July 23rd, 2009, 9:13 am
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » February 14th, 2015, 5:08 am

LurchBrick wrote:I was able to trade in three honour bages for a promotion. The IFs got one in the first mission and two in the second one. - I couldn't replicate this. I started the normal missions and just like you did, got 1 honour badge in the 1st mission and then 2 in the 2nd mission. No Rank button was displayed during the mission summary display.
Oops, I started them all with five equipment cards. :lol:

LurchBrick wrote:Marines can't shoot past corners. - I can't replicate this. No matter what position I put the marines in, they can shoot past a corner. You'll need to send me a screenshot of this issue as it happens.
Will do, I know how to make that happen.

LurchBrick wrote:Equipment malfunction - I couldn't replicate this. Are you sure the alien event didn't target Blind grenades from another chapter that hadn't used Blind grenades yet?
I don't think so, it was a while ago. Other equipment that's gone can malfunction as well, I think I lost a targeter for a weapon that was gone. This isn't much of an issue though, it just means you get away with it and the worse you're doing, the more likely it is.

LurchBrick wrote:Marines can't move diagonally straight after opening a door. - I haven't been able to replicate this either. All the testing I did showed the marines being able to move diagonally after opening a door.
I didn't realised you need to open the door before you click past it to get them to do it. I'm used to the old computer game. That must be why monsters never move diagonally the square after opening a door.

LurchBrick wrote:The blood angles commander sounds like he's wounded when his force field protects him. - Which weapon caused this issue to occur?
I think I mistook a normal sound for the wounded one, ignore that.

LurchBrick wrote:Tarantulas can't target the other side of a destroyed bulkhead - I couldn't replicate this, I need a screenshot. When there's a target directly in front of the tarantula the targeting graphics say you can't hit them but you can - I also couldn't replicate this, another screenshot please.
I'll see if I the target past a destroyed bulkhead comes up again, there might have been another reason but I don't think so. With the targeting an enemy directly in front I meant the red circles didn't appear, I'll see if I can replicate it. It might have been because the targer was actually standing on the front tarantula square from when it was unmanned, I can't remember. It would be hady if you weren't able to fire the las cannon and tarantula unless there is a target you can hit, it would save wasting a shot.

LurchBrick wrote:The IP commander can't fire his combiweapon in different modes in the same turn. - Why would he be able to? Having a combi-weapon doesn't automatically grant him the ability to fire more than once per turn.
Fire and By Sections.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby LurchBrick » February 14th, 2015, 6:13 am

Combi weapon - I thought you meant that it fires twice without the order cards. The Combi weapon definitely fires twice when you use Fire or By Sections. Even if you fire as a Heavy Bolter on the 1st shot and Plasma on the 2nd shot or vice versa. Are you sure that there were targets in a straight line away from the Commander for the plasma targets to appear? I ask this as you may have targets as a Heavy Bolter but those same targets can't be shot at by the Plasma due to the straight line rules.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 148
Joined: July 23rd, 2009, 9:13 am
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby LurchBrick » February 14th, 2015, 9:17 am

There was one time when the red targeting circles for the tarantula were dark but I tried shooting anyway and it worked, so the targeting graphics for the circles don't quite match what you can actually target. - Could you please get a screenshot of this also?

Missile launcher not targetting squares it should - I couldn't replicate this. Whenever I tried it, the missile launcher was able to target all the squares it was supposed to. This is where I need a screenshot to see if there was anything else that might be happening that could have caused this.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 148
Joined: July 23rd, 2009, 9:13 am
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » February 14th, 2015, 10:25 am

I’ve done the first mission for the campaign. It’s good as the first one because you can go for it and try to get as many points as possible without worrying about the commander dying because you’ve got nothing to lose. You should like what I did with the reinforcements. It should be easy to complete the primary mission, I did it on the third turn I think but it will be a nightmare if you’re unlucky with the blips.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ghj6190y11yzwgc/Assassination.msn

I also made a couple of changes to Perge that I forgot before.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2imeev4bmhbgi4v/Perge(2).msn

Gold Bearer wrote:Oops, I started them all with five equipment cards.
No! I did start them from scratch. I'm almost sure I did. I'll keep an I out for this.

LurchBrick wrote:Combi weapon - I thought you meant that it fires twice without the order cards. The Combi weapon definitely fires twice when you use Fire or By Sections. Even if you fire as a Heavy Bolter on the 1st shot and Plasma on the 2nd shot or vice versa. Are you sure that there were targets in a straight line away from the Commander for the plasma targets to appear? I ask this as you may have targets as a Heavy Bolter but those same targets can't be shot at by the Plasma due to the straight line rules.
I'll try that again and let you know. I can't remember which way round it was.

LurchBrick wrote:There was one time when the red targeting circles for the tarantula were dark but I tried shooting anyway and it worked, so the targeting graphics for the circles don't quite match what you can actually target. - Could you please get a screenshot of this also?
Yea, if it happens again.

LurchBrick wrote:Missile launcher not targetting squares it should - I couldn't replicate this. Whenever I tried it, the missile launcher was able to target all the squares it was supposed to. This is where I need a screenshot to see if there was anything else that might be happening that could have caused this.
That one was a while ago. I can't remember why I couldn't target something with the missile launcher. It's been fine since. What I said about the extra target circles with the missile launcher when it gets a second shot, it happens with dreadnaughts as well.

Edit:
Perge(2) needs to be renamed to Perge and overwrite the old one.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby LurchBrick » February 15th, 2015, 8:29 am

Hello all. A new update is out. See first post for download link.

Much appreciation goes out to Gold Bearer for his extensive testing, most of these fixes are due to his efforts.

Plasma / Fusion guns do attack bulkheads even with aliens in between the shooter and the bulkhead. To check this yourself, create a new mission with one board and all the doors as bulkheads. Then during the mission, position a fusion marine next to an alien with a bulkhead at least 4 squares behind it. You will see the dice change numbers when it hits the bulkhead. Plasma dice only show up when you click a target then fade away even if the plasma shot is still travelling and hitting targets along it's path.

You can now press "S" to take a screenshot of the game screen.

Scoreboard - Genestealers now appear at the end of the list. Dreadnaughts from the basic game have the Mk VII added.

The text input box was causing the Windows cursor issues. Normal Windows cursors will no longer appear over the game cursor.

Not sure what the issue was with the targetter weapon selection. Had you already selected a Bolter for the second targetter? Now once you have selected a weapon for the targetter, this weapon will now be displayed next to the targetter button. Hopefully this will narrow down the problem if it happens again.

Battle Plan gives a new order card to all squads. New Order gives a new order card to 1 squad.

I think having new alien types is a great idea however I'd want to ensure that most of the bugs are worked out in the current game before introducing new elements.

Dreads no longer appear on a doorway next to a reinforcement points. Attacking a partially built Dread will no longer cause it to move.

Lascannon now works correctly with Move it order.

Tarantula - Doors can now be opened when a manned tarantula is next to it as well as when a tarantula gunner is next to it. Tarantula gunners are no longer able to stand on the same square as each other. Tarantula and Out of ammo bug fixed. Bulkheads can now only be targetted when inside the tarantula's firing arc. Missile launcher marine killing a Tarantula gunner will no longer destroy tarantula. Genestealers no longer appear on top of a tarantula. The game would occasionally freeze when taking a tarantula on a mission, this no longer occurs. Tarantulas no longer deploy off the edge of a docking claw or over a door/wall. Tarantulas now only move 6 squares. Tarantulas now can only rotate in places they should, e.g. they cannot rotate when next to a wall. Tarantulas no longer reveal blips when walking next to doors and walls. Tarantula can no longer target itself.

Tarantulas and Lascannons will now always wound/kill a Dread when rolling 5 or more on red dice.

Heavy weapon order no longer freezes game if no heavy weapon marines available.

Assault cannons can target bulkheads, but they need to roll 5 or more after you press the Fire Cannon button.

Assault cannon marine can now move after rolling high red die values.

A warning will now appear if you have not used a marine during your turn when you place the mouse over the End Turn button.

Auto Defence no longer causes game to crash after killing the last marine on the vessel.

Weapons jam affects all heavy and extra heavy weapons equally. It does not stop the Combi weapon.

Heavy Weapon order bug - You would have got the Heavy weapon order from a New order or Battle plan event card. The issue with those 2 event cards is that they create the order button behind an existing button, in your case the Fire tarantula button. This bug has been fixed and these event cards will now create any new order buttons in the first available slot after any existing buttons.

Mission selection text, and gui buttons, now appear in the correct spot irregardless of the location you are within the screen.

You don't lose points for marines that die because you run out of time - Are you sure about the point values you saw? Because all my testing shows that the alien player gets points for marines left on the vessel and the chapters themselves do lose points for leaving marines behind.

The vertical dreadnaught factory door was difficult to right click. This door can now be selected normally.

Multiple targets are no longer created on bulkheads.

You can no longer have 2 heavy or extra heavy weapons selected of the same type.

Aliens no longer make walking sounds unless they are actually moving.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 148
Joined: July 23rd, 2009, 9:13 am
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » February 15th, 2015, 10:52 am

:D

I think you should open a new topic and keep this one for testing and bug reports.

What did you think of the missions? They're a bit different to the standard ones. I think a save option during the mission would be handy. They're not final yet, the last one is very hard and I think Perge is a bit too easy. I might add the android blips.

This is what I meant about not being able to see or target diagonally if you're standing next to a wall.
Diagonal.JPG
But sometimes you can shoot from angles that are tighter than a nun's *tasty treat*.

Couple more issues:
Genestealers move very strangly if they can't reach a marine. I think they're moving as if they can shoot.

An orc moved further than he should of been able to after starting his move as a blip.

I definitely think you should be able to shoot and attack h-t-h either way round with close assault. It's the weakest order even when you can and I'm sure you're supposed to be able to.

I think the assault cannon should target normally and then you get the choice of what else to shoot with the remaining dice score. This is how it worked in the official computer game and I think it makes more sense.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Space Crusade Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests