• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

LurchBrick Space Crusade PC game

Topics related to Space Crusade

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » February 7th, 2015, 4:33 am

I've been checking on the shooting past the corner of walls issue and it looks like aliens always can and marines always can't.

What I said before about the inactive dreadnaught in the factory, it's whenever you get two marines in there just before they get their heavy weapons. Shouldn't they become active?

I was able to target an ordinary door with the IF missile launcher. I didn't try shooting it because I didn't want to waste the shot.

Plasma/Fusionguns can't target bulkheads diagonally or if they're next to them.

I think I was fooled before into think the aliens tended to move one space less than maximum movement because of the sound effects. This is most noticable with androids, they never play the walking sound on their first step. I used the trick in my Doom 3 mod of alternating snd channels so that sounds can play over each other. I don't know if this helps if that's an issue.

I would be handy if you could click the fire icon to see the targets in sight and then switch to another marine without losing the first one's turn.

Battle Plan is a new order card so what does new orders do? I don't remember that one, it just says transmision garbled.

What did you think of my androids and chaos marines idea?
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » February 7th, 2015, 8:06 am

Gold Bearer wrote:What I said before about the inactive dreadnaught in the factory, it's whenever you get two marines in there just before they get their heavy weapons. Shouldn't they become active?

I was able to target an ordinary door with the IF missile launcher. I didn't try shooting it because I didn't want to waste the shot.
Just to elaborate on these two.

When a dreadnaught is unfinished and I attack it, the sprite always shifts one space but it's actual position doesn't change.

When I was able to target an ordinary door with the missile launcher there was also a bulkhead in sight. There were three targeting cirlces on the door and on the bulkhead, one in the middle and one either side.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » February 7th, 2015, 3:35 pm

Bulkheads show up as targets with plasma/fusion guns but I'm not sure if they actually attack it if there's a monster inbetween because the red -number doesn't show up.

I had a directly diagonal square that I wanted to target with the UM missile launcher but I couldn't see it. There was one marine standing to the side of the diagonal line. When I moved one square closer (still directly diagonal) and next to that marine I could target the square.

A very minor one, on the scoreboard at the end the genestealers are listed between the first and second dreadnaught. Also there is a mark number for the basic dreadnaughts.

The normal windows cursor desplays over the custom one.

The targeter options went a bit wierd, I could only select the assault cannon with the blood angels and not the bolter. I deselected and reselected a few times and it sorted itself out.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » February 7th, 2015, 9:26 pm

I'm not saying all these things I've noticed need sorting. I just thought I'd make a note of anything I notice and then you can decide what's important. Having said that, I just found a biggy. I completely lost the ability to fire the UM's tarantula and it didn't come back. It was working fine until I got an out of ammo event card for the IF's tarantula so I'm guessing that's what caused it. The IF gunner automatically let go of it like they're supposed to but the UM's one carryed on moving around as normal but the fire option was gone. I couldn't check the BA's one because I just had the commander left.

By the way I don't think out of ammo can be used on the new weapons and even if it can, I don't think it can be used on the tarantula. It's better the way it is now though. Also equipment malfunction can affect an item that's already been used. I lost the blind grenades after I'd already thrown them.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » February 8th, 2015, 7:37 pm

I don't think assault cannons can target bulkheads.

Tarantulas can't target the other side of a destroyed bulkhead.

When there's a target directly in front of the tarantula the targeting graphics say you can't hit them but you can.

With that targeting diagonally past the edge of a wall issue I couldn't target an enemy with the heavy bolter but was able to by switching it to plasma mode.

The game froze on the standard factory mission right after the factory sound effect on the first turn.
sc.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » February 9th, 2015, 5:07 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:With that targeting diagonally past the edge of a wall issue I couldn't target an enemy with the heavy bolter but was able to by switching it to plasma mode.
I think this only happens when you're right next to the wall.

I tried the factory mission again and the same thing happened at exactly the same point. It worked on the third try. I think it might be when the part of the factory that the dread is supposed to appear in is on screen.

What I said before about all the distant dreadnaughts staying where they are, it's when their intended path is blocked by a tarantula I think.

The windows mouse cursor only shows up over the custom cursor occasionally so that's not really an issue. Not sure what causes it.

I shot the front square of the BA tarantula with the UM fusiongun, scoring 7 but it wasn't destroyed.

UM fusiongun killed its own tarantula and the gunner even though the only square the shot crossed was the middle of the three (the gun itself) and I only scored 3.

A genestealer appeared on the middle square of the BA tarantula.

I had to move back one square with move it so that all my movement was used up before I could get the second movement phase.

I got this right near the end the mission that I made. It would of been the first time I manged to complete it. It happend when a dreadnaught got alien elite. It moved and stot once with all its weapons and then it crashed when the screen went back to it after its bolters shot.
___________________________________________
############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object alienpathfinder:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,-1] out of range [1,174] - 564501.waypointpos(100185,-1)
at gml_Script_dreadalienpathnoLOS
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_dreadalienpathnoLOS (line 0)
gml_Object_alienpathfinder_Alarm_0
I bet you wish I never found this topic now. :)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » February 11th, 2015, 7:00 pm

I got this when the UM tarantula gunner was killed by auto defences. He was the last marine anyway.
Code: Select all
___________________________________________
############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 1
for object endturnobj:

Unable to find any instance for object index '570284' name '<undefined>'
at gml_Object_endturnobj_Alarm_1
############################################################################################

Tarantulas can move an extra square when they move through doors. Can't believe I didn't spot this one before.

I don't think weapons jam affects the plasmagun.

I got the choose your weapon box for the heavy weapon order when I tried to select the strongest fire option for the tarantula which is really strange because that's the one order I didn't have. Maybe I clicked on an empty box and you can select that order when you're not supposed to have it.

After you fill out the mission text the text icon follows the mouse cursor around and when you fill out the mission title you get the windows cursor. This also makes the cusor jerky.

Edit:
Tarantulas can move an extra square when they move through doors. Can't believe I didn't spot this one before.
The BA and UM tarantulas can always move seven. Now I really can't believe I didn't spot this before.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » February 13th, 2015, 7:45 am

You can have two of each weapon, inculding two tarantulas. :) Here's a screenshot of blood angles with two tarantulas, two assault canbnons and two bolters.
sc.JPG
It happens when you go from a mission with five marines to a mission with seven. You can see in that screenshot what I meant about docking claw placement. It happens when they have there's just one tarantula as well but this is a minor issue, it just doesn't match the docking claw graphics.

In the editor when you go to the option of loading a level after the current one the text at the top and the options at the bottom aren't alligned unless you move the camare view to the top left as far as it will go.

What I said about bulkheads having multiple targets that you can hit, it's with the missile launcher (and maybe others) when you use an order card that gives you more than one shot. It happens on the second shot. There's multiple targets overlapping each other, I don't know if they all target the bulkhead.

Where are the custom missions saved? I want to tidy it up by deleting a couple and renaming one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby LurchBrick » February 13th, 2015, 8:23 am

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to report all these issues, especially giving all the extra details about when and why they are occurring. It helps me find the exact cause of the issue.

I've been pretty busy lately and haven't had the opportunity to look into everything you've reported. I should be able to get some time during the week to start fixing these errors. Thanks again for reporting them.

The saved mission files are located in your User folder at the following path: Users/<User Name>/AppData/Local/Space_Crusade/Missions


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 148
Joined: July 23rd, 2009, 9:13 am
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Gold Bearer » February 13th, 2015, 11:28 am

No problem. I love this game and it will make future versions even better. I always prefered HQ as a board game and SC as a computer game and this version is so much better than the old official computer game.

LurchBrick wrote:The saved mission files are located in your User folder at the following path: Users/<User Name>/AppData/Local/Space_Crusade/Missions
Ah, cheers.

I'm making a campaign for MD, any chance you'd include it in a future update? Three done, three half done and four in my head. I'll upload the ones I've done if you like.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Space Crusade Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests