by meatguyf » January 24th, 2015, 10:56 pm
I just got directed over here from the Conan KS by a member of the site here. First, let me say that I'm glad to see other Heroquest fans are out there still. I used to play the game all the time with my dad and little brother when it first came out, and have a lot of great memories of the game.
I just thought I would let everyone here know how excited I am to see the Conan boardgame KS doing so well. The community has been really amazing, the company great to deal with, and the more I learn about the game and how it plays, the happier I become. We're at over a million and hundred grand and going strong, with some real solid stretch goals unlocked along the way.
Basically, I'm a diehard Conan fan. I've played the MMO, the RPG, read the books, watched the movies and cartoon (still love it. lol), and Conan meeting a Heroquest style of game is basically my chocolate and peanut butter. The art has been real solid (with them even using some of the stuff from AoC with permission), the models just look fantastic, and the gameplay that we've seen in the videos looks just plain fun. I'm also loving the fact that they've got Patrice Louinet (pretty much THE REH Conan expert) onboard to try and make it as official as possible. Now, that does mean that it will be a mature game. Nudity, blood, and more, so look out for that. Definitely something I would have to check out before playing with my little girl. lol
I really advise anyone here to check it out, watch the gameplay videos (espeically the UndeadViking one), and see what they think of it. I've got a little over $200 bucks pledged, and just have a ton of miniatures coming my way. Even if I didn't have any interest in the game itself, I would get more than enough use out of the minis in my RPGs to get my money's worth.
PS: I will point out that this is actually the first KS that I have ever thrown my money at. Watched plenty, and bought a few after they hit retail, but this is the first that I've actually just yelled, "shut up, and take all my money" and actually done it. ha ha ha...