knightkrawler wrote:Johnny Depp is the most overrated actor, possibly of all time, among the audiences.
Look at his last dozen roles: it is all the same. And with that kind of makeup everyone can play this role.
Yes, singular. Role. He's a character actor and nothing more...
Out of all the people in this forum, knightkrawler is the one I would most prefer to have a beer or two with. Not out to hurt anyone's feelings in here but sometimes I feel like I'm reading my own posts, then I see his name on the right and I go wtf? Chees
Now, I can comment on some of the guys mentioned.
Warwick Davis is a great actor, and a real dwarf for that matter, I don't think he could play the HQ dwarf though. I can't imagine him pulling out a "gimli" like the guy on LotR.
The barbarian would be the easiest choice, just get one of those muscular actors, new or old and you're done.
The elf could be played by an Orlando Bloom type, although the HQ elf is not depicted like the LotR ones. So I guess it could be as ugly as Woody Harrelson with a wig.
I can't say anything for the Wizard.
For Mentor/Morcar besides the obvious quick thoughts of Mckellen and Lee, I think Big Bene's choice of Tim Curry is the best for the bad guy.
He is the best one I can imagine as an evil wizard. He would have to have a more active part than Morcar has in HQ though.