• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Actors for HQ Movie

Guests may gather here for General Discussions about almost any Topic. NO BRAWLING!
Forum rules
Certain topics have become known to cause friction among passionate members. We kindly ask that topics relating to these subjects be taken outside the Inn to Websites that specialise in those subjects.

Thus far, these topics are: Recreational Drugs, Religion and Science.

Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Postby Goblin-King » November 28th, 2014, 6:56 am

wolfie907 wrote:elf: david bowie [sorry goblin king]

Actually I'm okay with this. He would be awesome as the elf.

torilen wrote:Knightkrawler - if they were going to make the movie a comedy...MAYBE I could see your line up.

Of course it should be a comedy! Or at least very light hearted. It wouldn't work as a grim dark hardcore fantasy movie.
The movie needs to reflect the actual gameplay to a certain degree...

We need to see scenes where the dwarf accidentally opens a lot of doors and attract a lot of monsters.
We need scenes with greedy undiscovered treasure traps.
Scenes with crowded doorfighting.
Scenes with all the stupid things that happens during play...


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Postby Big Bene » November 28th, 2014, 6:58 am

knightkrawler wrote:Moeller is ancient and well past his Barbarian shape. If he was the Barbarian he would have 7 attack dice because of sheer age and experience.
:lol:

Well, I havn't seen any newer movies of him. I know he's still active and I've seen some still photos from which I would see he aged pretty well face-wise, but I can't say anything about his shape. This is why I wrote "if he is not too old" in my first post. In any case, he'd be a better choice than Schwarzenegger, who would have experience of round 20 attack dice.
Have a look ;)


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1401
Images: 11
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: Siebeldingen / Germany
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Postby torilen » November 28th, 2014, 8:24 am

I could certainly go for including tim curry
And ian mckellan. David bowie is, unfortunately
Far too old, I think.

I heartily disagree that this should be a comedy
Though. It is way too easy to ruin a good idea by
Trying to turn something not meant to be funny
Into a comedy. Point of example - the new 21
Jump street. Even things that are supposed to be
Funny don't always translate well in today's sense
Of humor. The movie Get Smart was not nearly as
Good as the original show. The two different types
Of humor just didn't mix well.
Another example - american werewolf in paris. Not
Too bad of a movie, but if they had made it a little
More serious and a bit darker, like the original, it
Would have been a heck of a lo better.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Postby torilen » November 28th, 2014, 8:25 am

Oh yes - I had considered Johnny Depp myself for someone,
I just couldn't decide if he would be quite right.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Postby Anderas » November 28th, 2014, 11:35 am

With the big bang theory crew, i would use Stephen Hawking as Mentor.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear
 
Posts: 3397
Images: 73
Joined: September 20th, 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Postby knightkrawler » November 28th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Johnny Depp is the most overrated actor, possibly of all time, among the audiences.
Look at his last dozen roles: it is all the same. And with that kind of makeup everyone can play this role.
Yes, singular. Role. He's a character actor and nothing more.

Sewwney Todd, Pirates of the Carribbean, Alice in Wonderland, Dark shadows, The Lone Ranger, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
See the pattern! All one and the same role.
I despise his popularity, which is blown way out of proportion.

And he's too old to play the Elf. Almost all actors listed here are much too old.
The four heroes would have to be at the beginning of their twenties (perceived; I know there are clichés about Elves and Dwarfs).

And it would have to be a comedy. There's not much more to the storyline that movie would have to have: a quest, a goal, a riddle, the end.
Maybe even B-Movie style; I, for one, would love that. In the vein of those 1980s Italian trash fantasy films...
Beautiful.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Postby torilen » November 28th, 2014, 5:27 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of 1980's sword and sorcery movies...Conan, Red Sonja, Krull, Clash of the Titans,
Dragonslayer - I know there are a few more probably worth mentioning, but I haven't seen those.

I certainly wouldn't think anything like the modern Lord of the Rings movies - that would be too epic for this kind of
story - which, knightkrawler, I agree there's not a WHOLE lot of plot. They may have to take a bit of license with the
story, perhaps.

As far the age of the heroes - I've never seen them as in their 20's. Adventurers in their 20's would not have enough
experience to complete the "quests" required of them. I mean...come on...the Empire's great Sir Ragnar had quite
a lot of experience and managed to get captured. How could anyone believe that four 20-23-year-old kids would
be able to do what he could not.

I'm not saying they should be senior citizens, of course - maybe 35-40.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Postby knightkrawler » November 28th, 2014, 5:38 pm

torilen wrote:As far the age of the heroes - I've never seen them as in their 20's. Adventurers in their 20's would not have enough
experience to complete the "quests" required of them. I mean...come on...the Empire's great Sir Ragnar had quite
a lot of experience and managed to get captured. How could anyone believe that four 20-23-year-old kids would
be able to do what he could not.

I'm not saying they should be senior citizens, of course - maybe 35-40.


It's the low stats and that whole Mentor thing that make me think of very young inexperienced adventurers.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Postby torilen » November 28th, 2014, 8:08 pm

Eh...yeah, I could see that argument.

:lol: Apparently there are three things never to bring up in public - politics, religion,
and what actors should play in a fictional movie about a defunct board game. :mrgreen:


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Postby knightkrawler » November 29th, 2014, 12:33 am

This is actually a good thread, making you aware of how you perceive the game.
...
...
...
But Johnny Depp?! Pfft... In all seriousness. Jesus, what an overrated concept. He may be a handsome guy, but he's old, too.
He could play Morcar's evil crossdressing cat.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests