• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

News: Gamezone plans a Heroquest reboot

Guests may gather here for General Discussions about almost any Topic. NO BRAWLING!
Forum rules
Certain topics have become known to cause friction among passionate members. We kindly ask that topics relating to these subjects be taken outside the Inn to Websites that specialise in those subjects.

Thus far, these topics are: Recreational Drugs, Religion and Science.

Re: News: Gamezone plans a Heroquest reboot

Postby chaoticprime » November 20th, 2013, 4:06 pm

TMU wrote:
chaoticprime wrote:
TMU wrote:I agree with all of you. I do think that they haven't told us enough information, but from what I've seen on their website, it looks like a game that might be boughtable (It's a word, I promise!) when all is set and done. That's how I feel. Ugh! TMU has spoken.


Might have been boughtable.

No, my :2cents: are how I wrote ;) In the end of the day, it debends on where the price will end up.


Sorcerer.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1939
Images: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2013, 3:38 am
Location: Kansas City
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: News: Gamezone plans a Heroquest reboot

Postby wolfie907 » November 20th, 2013, 4:35 pm

I will be a backer no debate for me I have already collected all the expansions and I have ocd so I will be buying this I have no doubt because it says heroquest that being said I would probably buy it anyway only based on the fact that it sounds like a cool game to me even if the rules are totally different. I think that is a plus I love heroquest but we already have a ruleset for it so if nothing else im sure the new material can be converted to the old rules such as dragonstrike and other board games have been right here on this forum and we have the advantage of having the new rules as an alternate. and minis how many of the vocal opposition to new sculpts here; converted altered and painted the so treasured original hq minis or even gasp put non cannon other manufacturers minis on hq bases and created subsitutes and alternative poses in this way. As to lack of info the kickstart doesn't start for two more days im sure there will be far far more information about this at that time and im sure if gw has a problem with it they will let it be known once this is in the public eye ive backed several other kickstarts itars, dwarven forge, bones 1, and 2, myth, stonehaven, tome of horrors, drake and several of those released very little info before the projects went live I mean what do you want the exact same game with a 2014 manufacturered date stamped on the bottom. ive seen several projects changed significantly during their kickstarts based on comments submitted by backers on the kickstart page if you don't like it don't buy it but quit hatin before you even see it


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 543
Joined: September 28th, 2012, 2:42 am
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: News: Gamezone plans a Heroquest reboot

Postby tasoe » November 20th, 2013, 4:36 pm

Tott wrote:is this website the one and only true home of HQ?
I don't mean just here. All of the major heroquest forums should be filled with advertisements from these guys.
About their language errors I really don't care, I think they add to the cult level of a creation, but I'm not English or American so I always make linguage and grammer errors myself and can't understand how frustrating this might be.

knightkrawler wrote:tasoe, where I do have doubts about your statement is GameZone wanting to make money from the get-go.
I think, Spanish fans (and boy, those are active on heroquest.es) pushed the button and found a manufacturer in GameZone. Who now, of course, wants to make a shitload, I agree.
I still agree on that uncertainty with the name.
I didn't think of that. Probably there are some die hard fans behind this and their motives might be pure, but still, is it logical for some fan to want to revive HeroQuest?
It's like wanting Black Sabbath to have a "reunion" with other musicians and try to play the old-school slow heavy metal. It's not gonna work.

HeroQuest is dead. As dead as Abraham Lincoln (random example). But they both have left a great legacy behind for others to follow and imitate and be inspired from. They can have a successor, but the actual thing can't be reanimated for whatever reason and any effort of doing something like that finds me unsupportive.
I would, however, fully support an effort to create the 2 missing quest packs (dwarf and wizard), with female versions of the heroes. It would probably have some idiot looking monsters (like the barbarian pack) and some untested quests (like both barbarian and elf pack) but it wouldn't matter to me cause the originals had those flaws too.


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 697
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 1:05 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: News: Gamezone plans a Heroquest reboot

Postby Goblin-King » November 20th, 2013, 4:52 pm

tasoe wrote:I would, however, fully support an effort to create the 2 missing quest packs (dwarf and wizard), with female versions of the heroes. It would probably have some idiot looking monsters (like the barbarian pack) and some untested quests (like both barbarian and elf pack) but it wouldn't matter to me cause the originals had those flaws too.


THIS is what I wanted all along...
Knowledge of the existence of the 4-ups haunts my dreams...


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: News: Gamezone plans a Heroquest reboot

Postby Sjeng » November 20th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Dont bring Ozzy into this!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: News: Gamezone plans a Heroquest reboot

Postby tasoe » November 20th, 2013, 5:00 pm

Sjeng wrote:Dont bring Ozzy into this!
I'm not a fan of Black Sabbath, I just named the first geezer band that came to mind. Maybe they are still around, I wouldn't know.


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 697
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 1:05 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: News: Gamezone plans a Heroquest reboot

Postby TMU » November 20th, 2013, 5:09 pm

tasoe wrote:
Sjeng wrote:Dont bring Ozzy into this!
I'm not a fan of Black Sabbath, I just named the first geezer band that came to mind. Maybe they are still around, I wouldn't know.

You're not a fan??? :shock: :shock: :shock: Ozzy is coming to Finland soon :D
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1870
Images: 15
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: News: Gamezone plans a Heroquest reboot

Postby torilen » November 20th, 2013, 5:41 pm

Well, since the internet ATE MY POST, I'll try it again.

First off, I try to make sure I read everyone's posts. The problem is that YOU GUYS ARE TOO DAMN LONG WINDED...
Just kidding. But it is hard to remember everything everyone says, and so I don't always speak to specific posts
when I reply.
That said, I kind of disagree with knightkrawler and chaoticprime in that the character sheets are too much writing.
It would be nice to have cards or tokens or such for Body points and all, but the sheets for HQ require next to no writing.
Of course, this is from the point of view of a role-player...not necessarily a board gamer.

Now, as far as gamezone not posting information here...this is definitely something that can be held against them.
There are only 4 or 5 heroquest forums on the internet...at least in the U.S. I don't know if there are any foreign
sites that don't come up on a internet search. But it would be nothing for them to post information once a week,
or at least once a month, on the few forums that there are on the internet.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: News: Gamezone plans a Heroquest reboot

Postby torilen » November 20th, 2013, 5:45 pm

As for HQ being dead - I do not agree with this at all. If a company could get the rights to publish the
game as the original, with no changes, it would bring heroquest back with a fierce vengeance. They could
publish the original board game and all the published quests, and THEN go from there. They could advertise
that their plan is to do just that, and people would be on the edge of their seat waiting to see what new
stuff they came out with.

Of course, as has been mentioned - Issaries currently uses the Heroquest name in the U.S. - and I don't
know if MB or games workshop would ever allow someone to republish the game with the original artwork
and text. (heaven for damn bid anyone else make money off the game, even if they're not any more).


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: News: Gamezone plans a Heroquest reboot

Postby tasoe » November 20th, 2013, 6:49 pm

torilen wrote:As for HQ being dead - I do not agree with this at all.
What I meant about it being dead, is that it was published once and now it is long out of production. Of course it is not "dead", it still lives in all of us and as long as we play with it (the boardgame) it continues to live.
I find it highly unlikely that it can ever be re-published exactly as it was, if that happens, it would be a true revival, new generations will buy it and get to experience it.
Although it wouldn't make much difference to me cause I already own it.

So, any attempt of capturing the original concept/art/feel is doomed to fail in my opinion.
Whereas a successor, even with the most ridiculous name of "HeroQuest 2" will have the priviledge that it can be as terrible as can be.
It may as well be as sucky as Home Alone 2, it will only enlarge the first one's magnitude and brilliance.
If it actually IS a great game, it's a double win situation for us fans.


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 697
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 1:05 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest