Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.


Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.


bruenor wrote:Thank you so much for sculpting the Dwarf and making him available to us here, you sir are a star!!!!
The Wizard is looking awesome already and will surely become the masterpiece I'm expecting that will make the original look like the wet girls blouse that he is.
grimcrazy wrote:I think all the prototypes for Heroquest were metal. They are the ones that appeared in White Dwarf and I was really surprised on Christmas day to find the ones in the box were different.
I have seen the metal Advanced Heroquest figures on ebay including the metal Knight and the metal wizard.
http://www.collecting-citadel-miniature ... Unreleased
I always thought it would be cool to buy one. But they always sell for too much...




ampersand wrote:also a little update from me as ive been knocking the wizard to get to not look like such a whiny little b****h!
the picture below stands at 30mm tall with eye level at 28mm...which i believe to be the correct proportions for a 28mm scale figure...i dunno. all i know is he is about 75% finished and im quite enjoying the frustrations of learning to sculpt figures
i seem to have the head making process nailed down pretty good. however eyes are still a bane of my existence!! lol


Daedalus wrote:ampersand wrote:also a little update from me as ive been knocking the wizard to get to not look like such a whiny little b****h!
the picture below stands at 30mm tall with eye level at 28mm...which i believe to be the correct proportions for a 28mm scale figure...i dunno. all i know is he is about 75% finished and im quite enjoying the frustrations of learning to sculpt figures
i seem to have the head making process nailed down pretty good. however eyes are still a bane of my existence!! lol
In case you haven't read the thread, there's this one at Old Scratch. Ogre and Slev come to agree 28 mm at eye level is Hero Quest scale.
I hope the staff fits on a crowded board OK. Eventually I plan to up my square size, which will help. I also want walls, which won't help.
Is he gonna have a ring?




grimcrazy wrote:You have to do more sculpting!
Did these versions of the Heroquest figures ever make it to sale? or where they just prototypes?
they might give you ideas




ampersand wrote:Daedalus wrote:I hope the staff fits on a crowded board OK. Eventually I plan to up my square size, which will help. I also want walls, which won't help.
Is he gonna have a ring?
yeah there were a few reference points ive been reading into. human average height scaled down and such. the only problem is that different companies have varying scale. in all honesty i dont care much for making too many comparisons. ill narrow down the scale i want and go with that, after all thats what everyone else does!will he have a ring....i hadnt planned on it. but as special request i will add one.
as for the staff. the angle its at keeps it relatively close to the body, although it doesnt look that way on the image.
as for a crowded board.....i make stuff for me. i play games and im a avid hobbyist. however i use 30mm grids so im guessing anything i make might be a little tight on the smaller scaled heroquest board..i mean the original bases didnt even fit in the squares properly if i remember right..?








Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest