by SirRick » February 21st, 2024, 8:20 am
The treasure deck does contain 3 healing potions, and I usually get 10 or 11 of the good cards per quest. I do play where every hero can search the room because that is what it says in the rules, which means I fight around 20 wandering monsters each quest. I do four searches per room until I find 10 good cards, then I only do one search per room since the odds of drawing a good card are not very good after that. That is usually the point where wandering monster damage takes its toll if its a tougher monster like an Abomination, Mummy, or Dread Warrior. Four searches per room makes the game much harder, which is why the multiple wandering monsters in FH and MotM are so ridiculous.
Basically I started from the beginning playing the rules and quests “as is” using the companion app. There were multiple goals for doing this:
1. Play through the Game System and report all the treasure and belongings I acquired, so people can use that information to start a later quest pack without having to play through the main quests again.
2. Use the companion app and document any weird things that happen or to see how it handles certain situations.
3. Gather as much gold and as many healing potions as I can in preparation for FH and MotM to see what it actually takes to finish those packs as written.
4. Try out new heroes periodically to see how they play.
I haven’t played with the same heroes the entire time, I usually switch it up a bit depending on the quest pack. I currently have a pool of 8 heroes. I have yet to find a way to include the Monk and Warlock.
So far it has been like this:
GS: Four main base heroes
New Beginnings: The B Team (Knight, Druid, Bard, and Rogue) play this quest at the same time as the other heroes are battling the Witch Lord. I see it as the newer heroes stopping Zoryana from flanking the king as rides to face Zargon’s host.
KK: Two Veterans (Dwarf and Wizard) with the novice Knight and Druid
RotWL: Two veterans (Barbarian and Elf) with novice Bard and Rogue.
PoT: Four base heroes again
Next: Probably FH unless The Spirt Queen’s torment becomes available soon. I haven’t decided my party yet for the next step.