• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroScribe Icon Packs

Discuss Icons for use on Cards and Quest Maps.

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby Sjeng » June 27th, 2012, 8:03 am

okay, I'll give it a try, although I'm not completely familiar with all possible things that HQ or any other related game may add to a given monster or hero... From left to right:

- X, XX, XXX, XXXX, XXXXX = some sort of ranks, possibly adding to a monsters toughness or something
- an elf with an amulet
- an eye. No idea what that should indicate.
- a goblet. perhaps a quest item to be found
- a tower. no idea of the use.
- a crosshair or selection box. again no idea
- a flame. well, I'll just guess what the icon is from now on, because I haven't the slightest idea what they can be ised for :P
- an exclamation mark. perhaps an alerted zombie.
- coloured attack dice.
- a candle
- a crown. could be used to depict a leader or king
- a temple
- an egg
- a fish
- a guillotine
- ebola virus? handcuffs?
- a whirlwind, whirlwind trap.
- a lollipop, or a monster that can hypnotize you.
- a croissant, or a wreath crown.
- a female goblin
- a flag
- a french orc (french lilly)
- an irish fimir (4 leaf clover)
- piles of coins. a rich chaos warrior
- again coloured attack dice.
- leaves
- a mummy with a steak. yummie.
- Mentor's sign.
- gears.
- musical notes. A bard dwarf perhaps.
- question mark. a baffled/confused zombie.
- an explosion
- a key! this I know a use for!
- a bright bling sign. the barbarian has shiny hair perhaps.
- a thunderbolt
- again coloured attack dice.
- a keyhole. would expect it on a door, not on a mummy.
- a shuriken. a ninja goblin!
- a skull.
- 2 mountaintops.
- a sawblade.
- a spiderweb
- a mug of beer! yes. this I can use!
- a goblin seeing stars.
- a male wizard
- a muslim orc
- a fimir high on 'shrooms
- a lamp with a genie
- again coloured attack dice.
- a pagan pentagram
- the moon? or a big cheese wheel
- a potion
- a bag of loot
- perhaps a reroll sign
- a jeweled ring
- a beetle
- a scroll
- a skaven clan symbol
- a crystal ball
- a snowflake
- spiderman!
- the sun
- smoke, a mummy smoking weed or a cigar.
- shoulderpads?
- a triangle, perhaps a skeleton playing pool
- a wave.
- again coloured attack dice.
- wings
- a sailorman!
- a footprint
- an asterisk
- a stopwatch
- crossbones
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby Derfel Link » June 27th, 2012, 8:30 am

First, let me thank you Sjeng for taking the time to reply, all this info is much useful to me.
Then I'd say I've been doing good, since you got almost everything right! That's good news.
As for what they can be used for, I'm with you: I don't know how HeroScribe users are going to use them for, I'm just trying to give as many options as I can think about.
Here's the less clear points:

- a crosshair or selection box: that'd be a wip for "diagonal attack", but since it looks like a selection box I think I'll leave it as that and come with something else for the diagonal attack
- ebola virus? handcuffs? yep, those are handcuffs, would you leave them as that or want me to create a better icon?
- a lollipop, or a monster that can hypnotize you: second answer is the right one.
- a croissant, or a wreath crown: yep, that'd be a laureal wreath but I'm not happy with it either, I'll see what I can do about it.
- a french orc (french lilly): that'd be a fleur-de-lis
- leaves: that's what I came up with when trying to create an icon for "life", can't think of anything better
- gears: same as above but for "mind", again can't think of something nicer
- an explosion: close one, that'd be a "hit" mini-icon
- a bright bling sign: again, you're close, that'd be a "light" mini-icon
- a goblin seeing stars: that'd be my best guess for a "magic" icon I'd think about
- a muslim orc / the moon? actually, the muslim's would be the mini-icon for "moon", second one stands for "planet"
- smoke: that'd be my guess at a "teleport" mini-icon
- shoulderpads? that's what I think is the worst mini-icon I've made, it's a "tool kit" and I'm going to fix it sometime in the future

Thanks again for taking the time to help me!
Cheers
Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 277
Joined: August 4th, 2009, 9:57 am
Location: Rome, Italy
Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby Sjeng » June 27th, 2012, 8:42 am

might I suggest the Ankh icon for "life"? or simply a heart symbol.
and maybe a brain for mind. Just a thought. but gears are a good one too.
I'd add a ring to the planet, to make it clearer. And leave the little star out of the moon symbol.
Isn't there already a teleport icon? The "A" with some stripes around it. As seen on the WoM reference card.

And the handcuffs are shackles then :) allright. could have guessed that.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby Derfel Link » June 27th, 2012, 10:06 am

Sure, I'll have all your suggestions included (except for the original teleport icon, which is actually misleading when reduced to this size - I still prefer the current version of it).
Here' s today bunch of new mini-icons, again I'd like to know what mini-icon is actually incomprehensible to you, thanks!


Cheers
Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 277
Joined: August 4th, 2009, 9:57 am
Location: Rome, Italy
Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby Sjeng » June 27th, 2012, 10:57 am

well, the numbers and paintball blotches are pretty clear.
Then there's a fist, footsteps, I think a jester's cap, but not very clear (maybe put it more in the upper right corner?), the Z suggests that you'll do an entire alphabet?
Then some geometrical shapes. The circle could be a plate though, so you might want to make the insides transparent?
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby Derfel Link » June 28th, 2012, 5:30 am

Yep, I'm gonna need to work on that jester cap, as for the Z - that's supposed to stand for Zargon, but I'm wondering how clear is that. Also, no plater in there - just geometrical shapes.
Here's another bunch of mini-icons (I've also fixed some of the old ones), I'm getting to the list end:


As always, please tell me what icons look incomprehensible to you, thanks!
Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 277
Joined: August 4th, 2009, 9:57 am
Location: Rome, Italy
Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby Sjeng » June 28th, 2012, 5:39 am

starting to like this game :P
a dead tree, a drop of water (what's that below it?), a book, a diamond, a tooth, a leaf, a flower, horns, ankh, ????, shell, winamp :P, fast/wings, shouting, a hide, talking, celtic thing, thinking.

I like what you did the the previous icons :)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby Derfel Link » June 28th, 2012, 8:14 am

You almost got 'em all, here's why I can't give you A:

- that's supposed to be a drop of blood, and I still can't think of anything nicer
- ??? is a dreadful lantern, and not a first sketch but an hard-working draft!
- winamp should be identified as "shock", does it fit?
- hide should be a standard, actually, and I'll have to work on that again
- celtic thing is actually the trinity symbol, I was looking for something "holy" and that's the best thing that came out

Thanks again for helping me, Sjeng.
Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 277
Joined: August 4th, 2009, 9:57 am
Location: Rome, Italy
Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby knightkrawler » June 29th, 2012, 2:07 am

Derfel, you could make me very very happy by helping me out with creating an icon for this new trap of mine.
I use a 1x1square fire marker from Descent for this.

Fire Trap
When a Hero passes a square marked by the Fire Trap icon (Derfel, help me out here) he triggers the trap. He suffers the loss of three Body points, but can defend with three combat dice to decrease the damage.
However, if a Hero ends his Movement phase on that square, he suffers three points of damage without being able to defend. The Fire Trap may be disposed of by the discarding of any Water spell card; the marker is then removed.
Until the Fire trap is doused Heroes may pass through, but they always suffer the damage described above.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroScribe Icon Packs

Postby Derfel Link » June 29th, 2012, 3:23 am

Hi knightkrawler, weird enough I've had the Descent tile icons on queue for weeks, and I just lack the Fire icon for the Icon Pack to be released: I'll try to finish it for today.
Cheers
Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
 
Posts: 277
Joined: August 4th, 2009, 9:57 am
Location: Rome, Italy
Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Icons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests