• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby Goblin-King » April 5th, 2012, 3:43 am

For starters we know that most stats aren't compatible to HQ. In the end we may just have to make up some reasonable stats ourselves...
But we do have known enemies in the game like skeletons and zombies (I did play a while in the first level)
Maybe you could figure out some relative stats for the unknown monsters by comparing to the known.

Like... How much damage does a skeleton and how often. How much damage does a vampire?
And like vice... How easy is it to hit a skeleton and how many hits can it take? Compare to vampire.

Pain in the azz! I know!

Also:
Remember to take lots of screenshots. Thry may come in handy later.
I'm especially thinking of the "quest intros" and any depictions there may be of items.

Edit:

I was scouting the net, and this guy "Toco" seems to have been working on a similar project.
Maybe you should contact him and hear if he was interested in sharing resources - or some other kind of teamwork.
I believe he is also a user on this page, though I'm not sure.

http://www.toco.be/ahq/


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby Sjeng » April 5th, 2012, 6:41 am

Goblin-King wrote:And like vice...

Nitpicking mode on: (I was wondering what you meant) it's either "likewise" or "vice versa" :ugeek:



*hides*
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby Nephew of Mentor » April 5th, 2012, 6:51 am

Goblin-King wrote:For starters we know that most stats aren't compatible to HQ. In the end we may just have to make up some reasonable stats ourselves...
But we do have known enemies in the game like skeletons and zombies (I did play a while in the first level)
Maybe you could figure out some relative stats for the unknown monsters by comparing to the known.

Like... How much damage does a skeleton and how often. How much damage does a vampire?
And like vice... How easy is it to hit a skeleton and how many hits can it take? Compare to vampire.



Dude, you gotta be kidding!! Not because I disagree, but because you just explained exactly my thought process, haha. I'll check out the other person's site. The level are incredibly slow, especially if one is hoping to be thorough. I've died against the golem twice now and am not looking forward to doing so again, I kindof wish there were some cheat codes so that I don't ever need to retry a level just for the sake of an errant step into a trap, as has indeed doomed me both of those times mentioned earlier.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 337
Joined: February 20th, 2012, 3:22 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby Nephew of Mentor » April 5th, 2012, 6:59 am

I am simply drooling over the information that site gives on the unreleased quest packs. Drooling, and sad. Look what we are missing!!!

On another note, I like the concept of allied heroquest, but I prefer the original system. Maybe if we were to produce a quest book we could simply put an inconspicuous marker on certain maps (specifically those with maze components) and then it could be up to the players to choose whether to include a modular system to create the mazes or just to ignore it. In this case we would not be in charge of integrating a modular system or custom maps, but the specific groups would be able to choose. I do want to hear from Toco, maybe we can be of assistance to one another.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 337
Joined: February 20th, 2012, 3:22 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby Goblin-King » April 5th, 2012, 7:45 am

Sjeng wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:And like vice...

Nitpicking mode on: (I was wondering what you meant) it's either "likewise" or "vice versa" :ugeek:



*hides*


Dude...


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby Nephew of Mentor » April 5th, 2012, 10:21 am

By the way, I finally got through the first level... and when I tried to save it there seems to be a glitch because not only was I unable to save, it froze and I now have to beat the first level again. However, I transcribed the results of almost every successful search, as well as all of the actually important stuff. I think they have a neat item, "Boots of Speed" which inccrease the dwarf's movement by 2 squares, maybe this would be a good, simple, not overpowered artifact for the game. Also, not sure about other stats, but the golem can take 4 hits, the vampire takes 1 hit, teleports, and when you find him again takes one more hit to kill. They each have required artifacts.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 337
Joined: February 20th, 2012, 3:22 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby Goblin-King » April 5th, 2012, 1:49 pm

It increases only the dwarf's movement - Not the other characters if they wore them?
Or haven't you tried that yet?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby Nephew of Mentor » April 5th, 2012, 10:27 pm

Haha, I didn't even realize I said that. I'm pretty sure it just increases a character's movements regardless of which one, and unlike the rabbit shoes(boots??) they don't increase it so much that there needs to be an expiration on them.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 337
Joined: February 20th, 2012, 3:22 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby torilen » April 6th, 2012, 9:33 am

I've just gotten around to checking this stuff out.

Me personally, I would be wary of even calling this anything related to HQ, except in name. Yeah...they use the same
spell groups, but add in spells that don't make sense for their being within the spell group. There's little mention of
anything from the published quests at all...even having a different "narrator" named at the end of the intro.

And, from what I've gleaned from everyone's posts, even the heroes are pretty different, and there's a lot of added
monsters (especially the beholder...which is strictly a D&D monster and has never even been included in open gaming
material from wizards of the coast).

I kind of wonder how legal this game was when they put it out.

Just my two cents.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby Nephew of Mentor » April 6th, 2012, 9:56 am

That's certainly a valid consideration. My question in response would be, was the game made under the direction of Games Workshop, or MB, if either of them had anything to do with it? Considering who now owns MB I wonder if that might explain why there are some very DnD aspects to it (though I'm sure WOTC hadn't yet become the near monopoly it is today and may not even have owned MB at the time). Just a thought. Regardless of the explanation, I am still determined to work this thing out, haha (stubbornness is a family trait).
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 337
Joined: February 20th, 2012, 3:22 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests