lucapaschi wrote:Pancho wrote:Lucapaschi and Lestodante
Apologies if this question has been answered already, but what elements of these new packs are missing from your design notes? Is there anything at all that you don’t have?
On first impressions it sounds like you have pretty much everything you will need to bring these up to level of completion similar to the Elf and Barbadian Packs. The Inn is at your service, willing and able to help.
What we're missing is basically the art (cover, cards). Of course we miss the miniatures, but we know how they look like.
For the Wizard, there are little things to fix. We might have to come up with a card or two (have to double check if we at least have a description of the missing 2 to make 30).
For the Dwarf, it's a bit more complicated. We would have all the material, but it seems that same material went through a deep revision, which would leave us with a lot to come up with. There are some indication on how they may have wanted to complete that, but it's difficult to set a timeline with the latest ideas. Seems like there are about 3 stages: first draft, revision, directions to follow. It's not always easy to tell which note would fall in which of the two latter categories. Like, some monsters have been striked out, but the're still present in the revised maps. Sometimes the designer would strike out parts he felt were completed, rather than canceled. I'm thinking about going back to him to get some intel, asking in which direction he would/would have go/gone.
So, if I have to throw percentages, not considering art, WQP is probably 90% complete, the DQP might be 50/60% - pretty much all background and quests, some cards and some monsters.
Thanks, that’s very insightful.
It’s early days I know, but I guess you have a few options to consider.
You can have everyone you need working on just one pack, probably the Wizard one as it’s nearest completion, before moving onto to the other (basically using the same team of helpers for each).
Or you can try to complete both at the same time (by having two separate teams, or one big team that works on both projects at the same time).
The first approach has the benefits of greater focus, as well as the opportunity to learn as you go so that you’re firing on all cylinders by the time you get to the more complicated Dwarf pack. You’ll also generate more suspense and have the community excited for longer.
The second approach might get both projects done faster, plus you’ll have economy of scale working on your side for commissioning art and minis etc.
I have no computer skills so there’s no point in me offering to help with anything Like that. But I am good at big picture stuff like theme, storytelling, background, plus I have a lot of experience in game design and play testing. I’ll gladly chime in if you need any help with those things.
I’m a decent artist but not as good as Luis. If you need initial concept drawings done for free that can then be passed on to your chosen artist then I’m happy to help with those too. Dante and Luis have seen my concept work before.
Thanks for everything you have done so far and best of luck
(Donation on the way.)



















