Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.


Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.



lucapaschi wrote:No, just the Storm Master kept his "name", but seems to be the most powerful of the sorcerers in the US pack. I think that would be Zanrath in the EU one.
Pancho wrote:If they were going to use the four Sorcerers from WOM then making them different baddies is a good call I think. The Heroes already had to kill each of them twice in WOM, so making them do it again with the exact same villains would have been a bit meh.
Pancho wrote:I suppose “Storm Master” could be a title that refers to a wizard who becomes master of that sorcery type or magical tradition. So Boroush from WOM could have been the Storm Master for a time, but upon his demise it passed to the guy in the Wizard Quest pack.
lucapaschi wrote:Uhm, probably not, designers were given a limit of 30 cards, so they would have probably had to come down to that. There's a discussion about putting the extra dwarf minis stats on a special tile for everyone to see and to limit the number of cards to use (unlike WoM where there are multiple copies of the MatA for each player to have).
lestodante wrote:From what I can understand they were not going to create duplicates of already existing spells.
Some spells from the Wizards of Morcar were already used as Chaos Spells in the Game-System or used for the BQP and EQP, some examples are Rust, Summon Orcs or Summon Undead which are all Chaos Spell from the NA version (and are basically the same stuff). I guess I listed them somewhere else few months ago.
So the 30 new cards should have not featured anything that what was already released in other questpacks on in the Game-System.
lucapaschi wrote:Yes, some of the designers probably had ideas they didn't want to leave out. Seems production didn't want to go over the 30-limit or a certain number of monsters, like they did with WoM.
Kurgan wrote:Dwarvmetal? Cheesy or not, if that's original, I hope it stays.
I would listen to Dwarf metal... especially if it was played on a mighty axe, if you get my meaning.
lucapaschi wrote:Apparently, someone found "Dwarvmetal" extremely inadequate. I have to say, as a non-native speaker, it does sound a bit odd to me. Maybe it would just be better to come up with a dwarfish name for it, calling it "Dwarf metal" in the other instances. We'll see. Have to understand at what point we are with the Dwarf pack, sometimes it's not easy to understand which revision comes first.
Pancho wrote:I also think the big change in storyline half-way through development of the Dwarf quest pack is for the better. The final storyline about uniting the Dwarf clans with a powerful magical artefact is tighter, feels more epic, and is in keeping with HQ lore. The Emperor does a similar thing with the Star of the West before the battle of Black Fire Pass.
lucapaschi wrote:The Saber-Tooth actually helps you in the quests. It's the friendly wizard's pet.
Pancho wrote:Also, somehow I missed the comment that the Sabre Tooth is the Wizards pet and helps him in the adventure. How cool is that!?
I’m really excited for this. For me it already easily overshadows what Hasbro have come up with this year.



HispaZargon wrote:lucapaschi wrote:No, just the Storm Master kept his "name", but seems to be the most powerful of the sorcerers in the US pack. I think that would be Zanrath in the EU one.Pancho wrote:If they were going to use the four Sorcerers from WOM then making them different baddies is a good call I think. The Heroes already had to kill each of them twice in WOM, so making them do it again with the exact same villains would have been a bit meh.Pancho wrote:I suppose “Storm Master” could be a title that refers to a wizard who becomes master of that sorcery type or magical tradition. So Boroush from WOM could have been the Storm Master for a time, but upon his demise it passed to the guy in the Wizard Quest pack.
Ok, about Storm Master... If the WQP Storm Master's name cannot be known with the available info, I agree with Pancho's approach so he should be called different than Boroush from WoM in order to allow clashes with such EU expansion.lucapaschi wrote:Uhm, probably not, designers were given a limit of 30 cards, so they would have probably had to come down to that. There's a discussion about putting the extra dwarf minis stats on a special tile for everyone to see and to limit the number of cards to use (unlike WoM where there are multiple copies of the MatA for each player to have).
Ok, so according to this lucapaschi, do you confirm the dwarf warriors are some kind of Mercenaries?lestodante wrote:From what I can understand they were not going to create duplicates of already existing spells.
Some spells from the Wizards of Morcar were already used as Chaos Spells in the Game-System or used for the BQP and EQP, some examples are Rust, Summon Orcs or Summon Undead which are all Chaos Spell from the NA version (and are basically the same stuff). I guess I listed them somewhere else few months ago.
So the 30 new cards should have not featured anything that what was already released in other questpacks on in the Game-System.lucapaschi wrote:Yes, some of the designers probably had ideas they didn't want to leave out. Seems production didn't want to go over the 30-limit or a certain number of monsters, like they did with WoM.
So, according to what you say lestodante, should the new spell cards belong to the Chaos Spells generic deck, or should they have their own sorcerer deck as in WoM? If it is the second case, how many new spells do you calculate should have each spell cards deck? for example, 3 per type of sorcerer instead of 6 as in WoM?Kurgan wrote:Dwarvmetal? Cheesy or not, if that's original, I hope it stays.
I would listen to Dwarf metal... especially if it was played on a mighty axe, if you get my meaning.lucapaschi wrote:Apparently, someone found "Dwarvmetal" extremely inadequate. I have to say, as a non-native speaker, it does sound a bit odd to me. Maybe it would just be better to come up with a dwarfish name for it, calling it "Dwarf metal" in the other instances. We'll see. Have to understand at what point we are with the Dwarf pack, sometimes it's not easy to understand which revision comes first.
Well... The remake's Dragon Spear card says... A long magical spear of dwarven make, so maybe simple words to describe such Dwarf material will be the best way.Pancho wrote:I also think the big change in storyline half-way through development of the Dwarf quest pack is for the better. The final storyline about uniting the Dwarf clans with a powerful magical artefact is tighter, feels more epic, and is in keeping with HQ lore. The Emperor does a similar thing with the Star of the West before the battle of Black Fire Pass.
At this moment, I fully agree.lucapaschi wrote:The Saber-Tooth actually helps you in the quests. It's the friendly wizard's pet.Pancho wrote:Also, somehow I missed the comment that the Sabre Tooth is the Wizards pet and helps him in the adventure. How cool is that!?
I’m really excited for this. For me it already easily overshadows what Hasbro have come up with this year.
Wow, what a great and fresh addition to the lore!


Kurgan wrote:So the four Wizards of Morcar bosses plus the Chaos Warlock from the Game System... that works.
Now for fans that's bad news given the rarity of those figures, but if new ones were designed or analogs used, that would be fine and dandy. If it were official then NA fans would have finally gotten those finely detailed Citadel miniatures that their EU brethren were already enjoying.
The Wizard has my respect. Some magical weirdos have their "familiars" that are wolves, birds, or even cats... this is nothing of the sort (well, a really BIG cat from prehistoric times). Talk about B.A.! A very unique spin on the "mercenary" concept. Please tell me he gets health back by eating monsters...




lucapaschi wrote:lestodante posted the page with the names of the sorcerers, and there's no duplicate name from WOM. Just the "Storm Master" name, which might just be a title.
lucapaschi wrote:It's not clear if they were: in one draft, they all seem to be evil (female dwarf too), at some point they were scrapped altogether. There were different ideas floating around.
lucapaschi wrote:EDIT: my bad, it's the dwarven armory to be put on the back of a tile!
lucapaschi wrote:Spell cards were actually reworked to be put into one Chaos (x6) and 4 base game elements category (3x type). Plus 3 artifact and 3 treasure cards.
lucapaschi wrote:No. But she gets 3 attacks per turn, one bite and two claw. Cannot search for treasure.



Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests