• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby elvyler » November 4th, 2021, 9:24 am

Looked like some of the minis are pretty tightly packed in that unboxing video. That doesn't bode well for paint durability if we choose to store them in the box after painting. I guess time will tell.
User avatar
elvyler

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion
 
Posts: 191
Joined: May 5th, 2020, 9:05 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby FainFlynn » November 4th, 2021, 10:15 am

I plan to build custom wooden boxes for each set. It’s not that difficult to do and is kind of fun. Highly recommend!
FainFlynn

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 200
Joined: February 27th, 2015, 5:47 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » November 4th, 2021, 11:02 am

elvyler wrote:Looked like some of the minis are pretty tightly packed in that unboxing video. That doesn't bode well for paint durability if we choose to store them in the box after painting. I guess time will tell.


Excellent point. I think those little trays are going to be really cheap and are probably meant to be thrown away after you play it for the first time.

I've thrown up some painstaking analysis of the aforementioned video in the Unboxing thread. Others are welcome to contribute if you wish!

The guy making it admits it's his first unboxing video and he didn't really play the game back in the day (just play with the miniatures) and he seems more familiar with the EU version, but cutting him some slack, it's interesting nonetheless and invaluable in terms of noticing a lot of things we wondered about even if not every question was answered.


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7112
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby cornixt » November 4th, 2021, 11:23 am

The board game Rising Sun came with those same style trays for the miniatures. They are pretty nasty plastic, but have held up well over the last few years. I don't really like them, but I haven't bothered coming up with an alternative that would protect my painted miniatures, so I still use them.


Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
cornixt

Ogre
Ogre
 
Posts: 813
Joined: November 4th, 2014, 12:56 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » November 4th, 2021, 11:58 am

An old craft/collector trick is to use what is the wooden drawer of a printing press (for holding the wooden blocks that are the letters when printing a newspaper or magazine from the old days) and using the wooden slots to place objects. They can still be found at antique stores and flea markets. A "junk drawer organizer" can fulfill the same task but they aren't as fancy.

You can also find little plastic divided fishing boxes (which is what I use for minis). These are found in hardware stores or places like walmart meant for either fishing lures or tools/garage supplies. The "ladies" version of this is often more expensive but pretty much the same thing (just in prettier colors) for jewelry or crafts.

Of course you probably want instead like the drawer of a jewelry or silverware box that is coated with velvet (probably not cheap) or even just an office organizer that is padded with felt or something (instead of just plastic... stuff bounces around and gets scuffed).

I've seen people create dividers out of cardboard, foam board, craft foam or even just foam padding (the kind you line suitcases with for transporting and protecting electronics like cameras or rental game consoles).

There are all sorts of people on etsy that sell ones made of balsa wood or 3d printed plastic even custom made for various games, so surely one will come out for the new heroquest, or you could make it, etc.


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7112
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Leathaface79 » November 4th, 2021, 12:28 pm

Still no change in Status on Hasbro or FedEx for me. I just hope I have it by Tuesday so when I return on Wednesday it will be at my house. No one will be home all day Wednesday so I don’t want it delivered that day.
Leathaface79

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 93
Joined: February 1st, 2020, 2:52 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Leathaface79 » November 4th, 2021, 12:36 pm

Kurgan wrote:Excellent point. I think those little trays are going to be really cheap and are probably meant to be thrown away after you play it for the first time.


I have a game called Ghost Fighting Treasure Hunters that uses a similar plastic tray system, it has held up pretty well, especially the Creepy Cellar expansion pack that the figs sit in similar tight tray spots. Side note the game is extremely fun to play as a family with Pre-Teen kids as it is a Co-Op game so no crying when one kid didn't win. It has a similar 1,1,1,2,2,3 ( :skull: :skull: :skull: :whiteshield: :whiteshield: :blackshield:) dice battle with the Ghosts like Heroquest and my kids started with that and I moved them into Heroquest.

Image

Image
Leathaface79

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 93
Joined: February 1st, 2020, 2:52 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » November 4th, 2021, 1:07 pm

Looks charming! But not nearly so tight. I see the plastic deforming as the guy tries to pull the HeroQuest figures out of it.


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7112
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Mbutt01 » November 4th, 2021, 1:57 pm

Hey guys
I was lucky enough to get my set early (I'm based in NZ), and I have an old UK version. Post any questions I'll do my best to answer!
Mbutt01

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 12
Joined: November 4th, 2021, 1:53 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Odanan » November 4th, 2021, 2:27 pm

Mbutt01 wrote:Hey guys
I was lucky enough to get my set early (I'm based in NZ), and I have an old UK version. Post any questions I'll do my best to answer!

Can you spot any rule and quest changes?
User avatar
Odanan

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior
 
Posts: 122
Joined: May 6th, 2021, 11:46 am
Location: Brazil
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests