• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

3D Environment

Have a HeroQuest related project and need community assistance? Create a thread about your project here and the type of aid you require. Other community members searching this room may be able to assist, or join you on your adventure.

Re: 3D Environment

Postby Weltenlaeufer » December 26th, 2020, 2:36 pm

Hahaaaaa!!! I am reading and reading and all of a sudden I read codename ruins of castle weltenlaeufer!!! Haha it made me laugh out loud!! Epic brother! :D Thanks for the shoutout! :D The new pics are a trip. I really like the visual artstyle of it all and how the different areas look so unique. When I see these I just wanna dive into this world and play this game! Great stuff! Oh and merry christmas! :)

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Dezziedc » January 1st, 2021, 4:30 am

Figured you'd like it!!!

Unfortunately though it looks like I might have to change my plans for the world. With the whole "Old World" being re-released by GW, I'm guessing I need to come up with an alternative. I was thinking I might actually base the world off of the original map drawn by Dave Morris. That at least will remove it somewhat from the old world and some of the Warhammer lore.
Dezziedc

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Dezziedc » January 4th, 2021, 6:03 am

Dave Morris The Empire.png

I've recreated the map Dave Morris drew when he wrote the first Novel. I note too that this looks similar to the maps in the other 2 books but is slightly different. The other maps don't align with the WH world either - some names are similar but it's essentially different.

I'm going to be using this going forward with my project - just to keep it totally separate from the WH and Hasbro stuff...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dezziedc

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby j_dean80 » January 4th, 2021, 7:38 am

At quick glance I noticed Cabiri had too many Rs.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Dezziedc » January 4th, 2021, 8:11 am

j_dean80 wrote:At quick glance I noticed Cabiri had too many Rs.

Thanks for pointing that out!!! I'm pretty certain I haven't got all of those names correct so if you see any others, let me know and I'll update the map.

I've also reached out to Dave to see if he would be willing to have a quick look over it to see if he remembers what he wrote and whether he can point out any errors.
Dezziedc

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby Dezziedc » January 18th, 2021, 7:30 am

OK. So I reached out to Dave Morris (the original author of the map and the HQ novels) and he was kind enough to reply with a number of corrections. So this is the final product.

Dave also mentioned he was keen to feature the map in an upcoming post on his http://fabledlands.blogspot.com/ blog. So hopefully we'll see it up there in the not too distant future. I'll post the link in this thread when it pops up.

Will be looking to create some more detailed maps of each of the regions as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dezziedc

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Previous

Return to Project Forge