• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: TAKE THE OATH

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 6th, 2020, 8:27 pm

Kurgan wrote:those two "not-chaos warriors" with the he-man sword instead of the oversized mace.

Im ok with Masters of the Universe power swords, at least they aren't MonsterHunter ridiculously oversized, and I think the Chaos Warlock (called chaos sorcerer in UK versions) should be painted exactly like Skeletor anyway.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
User avatar
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 396
Images: 0
Joined: November 9th, 2017, 12:25 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 6th, 2020, 8:33 pm

Oftkilted wrote:
Cael Darkhollow wrote:
Fallensaviour wrote:Hmmm.....this might actually hit 4 mil.....lol

where can we see the latest numbers for the campaign as it nears the end? And Im just talking this campaign not the political one.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/heroquest-game-system

It’s about 40K from 3.6M it’s been averaging about 11K/hour. and there are just about 5 hours left.

And $440,691 from $4M (or 2939 copies of Mythic Tier) ... maybe something special will happen. I think that 3.6 is reasonable. But it’s going to take a whole bunch to hit 4M.

oh. I thought you guys knew about some website with realtime streaming updates and a continuous funds counter like the old telethon fundraisers. You are just looking at that same top line figure and waiting for random updates like I am.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
User avatar
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 396
Images: 0
Joined: November 9th, 2017, 12:25 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Fallensaviour » November 6th, 2020, 8:39 pm

Well then again I guess not unless they get 100 thousand an hour for the next four hours....


Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 234
Joined: March 1st, 2016, 11:26 pm
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Eudoxio » November 6th, 2020, 8:43 pm

Cael Darkhollow wrote:
Oftkilted wrote:
Cael Darkhollow wrote:
Fallensaviour wrote:Hmmm.....this might actually hit 4 mil.....lol

where can we see the latest numbers for the campaign as it nears the end? And Im just talking this campaign not the political one.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/heroquest-game-system

It’s about 40K from 3.6M it’s been averaging about 11K/hour. and there are just about 5 hours left.

And $440,691 from $4M (or 2939 copies of Mythic Tier) ... maybe something special will happen. I think that 3.6 is reasonable. But it’s going to take a whole bunch to hit 4M.

oh. I thought you guys knew about some website with realtime streaming updates and a continuous funds counter like the old telethon fundraisers. You are just looking at that same top line figure and waiting for random updates like I am.


F5 F5 F5 :D
Eudoxio

Orc
Orc
 
Posts: 44
Joined: October 28th, 2020, 6:13 pm
Forum Language: Español
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Oftkilted » November 6th, 2020, 8:46 pm

Cael Darkhollow wrote:
Oftkilted wrote:
Discussing the differences between the various editions is what the HeroQuest section of the board is about.


Im not advocating moving the discussion out of the HeroQuest rooms, but adding a sixth area specifically for it to the HeroQuest Rooms. I think it is different enough and important enough to garner its own area rather than just be relegated to the HeroQuest general discussion threads.

but yeah this too.
Oftkilted wrote:shuffle new players into a segregated discussion area.

shuffled into separate rooms because “an edition isn’t old enough to sit at the classic release table, you get to sit over there on the younger edition table”
hahaha that made me chuckle.

your examples of customization or substituting minis from other companies or whatever are entirely irrelevant to the discussion, there already is a seperate HeroQuest Rooms compartment for that.I am strictly talking about the offical released products only.

Can you explain why we need a “younger edition” “sub-board? What is it that makes this new version not meet the descriptions of the the core HeroQuest forums?

This is “Official Release” by Hasbro who owns Milton Bradley.

This official release is being released by Hasbro, with the “Official Rules” that are the current NA rules with some minor updates. (Much like the NA release was the euro release ... with “minor updates”. But they were and are all “official rules.” Like this new release.

The game is part of the “HeroQuest Game System” and the game is re-releasing the Kellar’s Keep and RotWL Quest Packs.

For boards we have:
Official Rules
Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Game Systems
Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from HeroQuest Game Systems.

Kellar's Keep
Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc from the Kellar's Keep Quest Pack.

Return of the Witch Lord
Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Return of the Witch Lord Quest Pack.

What is it about this release that makes it “not official”, and the above discussion areas not applicable so that it would require a new discussion area? (Other than being ageist against the new rules?)

That being said, I could see new areas for the new quest packs ... that would make sense.

A new quest forum to discuss:

“Prophecy of Telor”

And a separate one to discuss:

“The Spirit Queen's Torment”
Oftkilted

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 373
Joined: October 6th, 2020, 2:04 pm
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Orc26 » November 6th, 2020, 8:56 pm

So at what time do overseas get added in?
I'm assuming that Hasbro is closed for getting numbers sent to them now, so that means tomorrow at some random time there will be a bump. (Or did they close overseas orders early?)
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 216
Joined: September 23rd, 2020, 2:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » November 6th, 2020, 8:59 pm

Agreed, once it comes out (next year) it would make perfect sense to treat it as if it were any other official Quest pack. Other than aesthetics it's going to be like the NA version with a few items from the EU Game System copy and pasted in, so not much changes there, after people have had a chance to judge the aesthetics, it will be all about discussing the two new quest books, the three new heroes, and people modding it like they mod Classic Hero Quest.

I trust the Inn mods to handle it. Nothing is stopping people from ignoring the new release if they want to. Heck, for those of you who don't have Hero Quest yet, for the price you would pay for the Pledge Campaign, you could buy a classic Game System in decent condition from Ebay, and you'd be able to play it for 12 months before this Hasbro Remake sees the light of day. Just sayin'!

And if you print your own extra cards, you can get professional quality for about 50 cents a card (including shipping!), just about 11 days from placing your order at MPC. Again, just sayin'... |_P

I'm sure before long we'll see "reviews" from people on youtube over the next 12 months before release, who got (free) advance copies of this set and will give it glowing reviews. Remember, such people are essentially paid advertisers for the product. The only thing I would care about regarding such reviews, are in terms of official details. That is, what exactly it says in the rulebook, on the cards, relative scales, etc. things we didn't already know from this campaign. Again they've been VERY tight-lipped about many details. Since the game is the same as the NA version, I don't need some guy on youtube who never played it before this year to tell me it's a good game, that it's fun, cool, or whatever. It would be interesting to see what's in those two new Quest books (other than Rogar's Hall, if it's even in there), of course. What matters most is the core gameplay. If they broke it somehow, all we'd be doing is throwing that stuff out and just making our own mods, and house-ruling it back to something that we already know is good (EU or NA version, for instance).


Pledgers... come take the non-Scalper Oath!
Last edited by Kurgan on November 6th, 2020, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7115
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Orc26 » November 6th, 2020, 9:03 pm

I Orc26,
On my Honor as a fan of Hero Quest and member of Ye Olde Inn Community, Do solemnly swear, That I will never scalp the Hero Quest Remake (2021) on Ebay or other online platform (or out of the trunk of a car), That is to say I will refuse to sell it to another at greater than the equivalent price I paid including shipping and tax in order to make a profit.
If I shall break this solemn vow, may I henceforth constantly fall into traps, fail in my defensive rolls, and generally get crap when I draw cards.
And should I break this vow, when I play as Zargon, may the Heroes easily beat all of my schemes, get bored, and quit to play Fortnite instead.
So be it, Mentor help me

[Though if I get hit by a meteor I can make no promises for my wife who will promptly give all my games to the highest bidder...]
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 216
Joined: September 23rd, 2020, 2:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » November 6th, 2020, 9:05 pm

Here, here!


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7115
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Orc26 » November 6th, 2020, 9:17 pm

People need to stop canceling their orders.
Pledges just went down 600 dollars. :-(
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 216
Joined: September 23rd, 2020, 2:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests