• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby mysticforce » October 9th, 2020, 3:42 pm

Really want those extra quests unlocked, characters and more monsters, meh.
mysticforce

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 12
Joined: May 20th, 2020, 9:50 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Orc26 » October 9th, 2020, 3:50 pm

So... the warlock all by herself is almost 100% better at dealing damage than the wizard, right out of the box.
Wizard has 3 damage dealing spells, that deal at max 1, 2, and 5 damage. Then no more ranged.
Warlock has a 2 damage all the time attack and can make that 3 with a rechargeable spell.

I don't like it. Either buff the wizard or nerf the warlock.

She literally has a -1 die crossbow for free "at creation". HOW IS THAT BALANCED?

Also while I'm complaining in question form... why am I ok with the under dressed for a dungeon of the barbarian (male or female), while not ok with the under dressed for a dungeon of the druid?
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 216
Joined: September 23rd, 2020, 2:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » October 9th, 2020, 3:55 pm

I hear that, but to be fair the Warlock has no way to heal (short of potions, which are open to all Heroes), while the Wizard has two. We're getting this instead of a Ranger, I guess. Healing is pretty important. Is the balance issue because you think nobody will pick the Wizard over the Warlock now (except those who didn't buy the "Mythic" bundle), or how would it matter if there were more than four Heroes on the board at once?

In any case, I'd rather they NOT nerf any of the classic heroes, personally...

They asked for feedback... send it to them! (I suggest being constructive in your criticism of course)

IF they combine the "best of both worlds" (as seems to be hinted by the inclusion of the Equipment cards, which were never part of the NA HQ), that means the Wizard and this character would both have access to bracers and cloak (which raises the question of who gets the "Wizard's Cloak/Staff" if both can use them), making them at least 1 Defend die stronger than we had in the US.

***

I wonder if there will be an "Alchemist's Shop" or those new potions (from ROTWL/KK) will be on cards (as artifacts? treasures? equipment?)??

I just now realized... there is no "Leader" orc. In the original Game System, we had 2 cleaver orcs, 2 flail orcs, 3 scimitar orcs and 1 with the "notched sword" that was a stand in for any "Boss" Orc (total of 8 big but tail-less greenie meanies). But the remake gives us two of each design both in the GS and the KK remake. It would only come up if the named-orc appeared at the same time as 3 (or 4, with the "mythic tier" set that includes KK) others.

As for the dress code, I presume the rough and tumble, outdoor living allows the Barbarian and Druid to go around in their underwear, but the lack of armor never made any real sense. As Shadiversity of youtube suggested, "use a shield!" (but where's the movement bonus?). Of course once you go down that rabbit trail, you start to wonder why Plate Mail slows you down, and why a Wizard can't use a sword, long-sword and crossbow should be two-handed, etc.


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7114
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Orc26 » October 9th, 2020, 4:08 pm

I think that it looks like the druid's clothing could be purchased at a store today... A little better now that it has a little more definition, but when it was flat, I'm 99% sure I've seen my wife wear something similar when excercising...
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 216
Joined: September 23rd, 2020, 2:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby ajjohnsen » October 9th, 2020, 4:13 pm

I like the spells and the idea of the Warlock, but Im not crazy about the Body/Mind total being 9...what's up with that? Just give her an extra point

The druid I'm hoping has some very interesting mechanics/spells since the art is currently my least favorite of everything shown thus far

Orc Bard? This is just a no for Heroquest, as Orcs are mindless minions not mindfull heros that sing songs of legend

Looks like each tier of 1 million will be a new hero, more monster minis and 1 questbook. For the $150 this is amazing so far even though I'm not in love with everything I see, how can anyone not go for the Mythic tier at this point? Its getting close to double the content


Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
ajjohnsen

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 139
Joined: December 9th, 2019, 3:12 pm
Location: USA - Pennsylvania
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » October 9th, 2020, 4:13 pm

Maybe we're going all Tolkien here with the mixed "race" characters. Elves, Orcs, Men, etc. who knows what's going on in their off time? Some Orcs are smart enough to use spells, so maybe they can sing too (again, see Tolkien).

I also wonder if all those extra "unlocks" will increase the shipping? Have they got the box sizes figured out or are those coming in plain wrappers? Will they still be available after the kickstarter ends? (I know they said Ragnar, Witch Lord and fake Mentor would be exclusives). Will the Expansions be sold separately, with or without those extras? I could imagine many scenarios there. But so far they've only said certain figures would be "Exclusive" to the kickstart pledgers.

Orc26 wrote:I think that it looks like the druid's clothing could be purchased at a store today... A little better now that it has a little more definition, but when it was flat, I'm 99% sure I've seen my wife wear something similar when excercising...


Somewhere in there is a joke about "not looking Druish" (*thank you Mel*)

Maybe because of the wording of their gold piece value, only the Druid knows how to purchase clothes like these... OR maybe...

A chrononaut perhaps? We know Time Travel is canon in HeroQuest as of the (not-yet remade) Elf Quest Pack...


I can't refresh this thread fast enough! Welcome, new folks! |_P |_P |_P
Last edited by Kurgan on October 10th, 2020, 3:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7114
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Orc26 » October 9th, 2020, 4:16 pm

So I'm also assuming that fear doesn't work on undead? Or can they not resist it ever? I need to know!
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 216
Joined: September 23rd, 2020, 2:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » October 9th, 2020, 4:18 pm

The only thing the Undead fear are holy things... where's our Cleric/Paladin?? (I know, must be at the $5million mark, right?)

If it needs Mind Points, then no, it wouldn't, much like Sleep. That caveat ought to appear on the card, otherwise it would imply they had no defense against it!
Last edited by Kurgan on October 9th, 2020, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7114
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Orc26 » October 9th, 2020, 4:20 pm

At 4 million they should add gender swaps for the 'new' Heroes too... But then again do we want a male druid in skinny jeans?

[Ok, I'm going to stop complaining that I don't like how the druid looks. Just had to get 1 more jab in.]
Last edited by Orc26 on October 9th, 2020, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 216
Joined: September 23rd, 2020, 2:40 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby tb55555 » October 9th, 2020, 4:21 pm

Kurgan wrote:Maybe we're going all Tolkien here with the mixed "race" characters. Elves, Orcs, Men, etc. who knows what's going on in their off time? Some Orcs are smart enough to use spells, so maybe they can sing too (again, see Tolkien).

I also wonder if all those extra "unlocks" will increase the shipping? Have they got the box sizes figured out or are those coming in plain wrappers? Will they available after the kickstarter ends? Will the Expansions be sold separately, with or without those extras? I could imagine many scenarios there. But so far they've only said certain figures would be "Exclusive" to the kickstart pledgers.

Orc26 wrote:I think that it looks like the druid's clothing could be purchased at a store today... A little better now that it has a little more definition, but when it was flat, I'm 99% sure I've seen my wife wear something similar when excercising...


Somewhere in there is a joke about "not looking Druish" (*thank you Mel*)

A chrononaut perhaps? We know Time Travel is canon in HeroQuest as of the (not-yet remade) Elf Quest Pack...


I can't refresh this thread fast enough! Welcome, new folks! |_P |_P |_P


Ok so I'm cuirous. Maybe I missed it, but where is the time travel in the Elf Quest?
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference.
tb55555

Zombie
Zombie
 
Posts: 38
Joined: December 16th, 2017, 1:59 pm
Location: PA, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest