• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Monsters by Torilen

Discuss the creation of new Monsters and share Monsters you've created.

Re: Monsters by Torilen

Postby cynthialee » December 11th, 2011, 9:33 am

I got an even better one!!!
Daisy Dudes!
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Monsters by Torilen

Postby Ethica » December 11th, 2011, 4:36 pm

I got one - "Stalker"


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 751
Images: 19
Joined: January 14th, 2009, 3:43 pm
Location: Suffolk, UK
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Monsters by Torilen

Postby torilen » December 13th, 2011, 1:55 pm

I couldn't use swamp monster or anything like that...they exist everywhere pretty much. They're kind of
a collection of leaves, sticks, twigs, moss...any sort of plant material...not just stuff from a swamp.
I hadn't really thought of any better name - I know plant-man is pretty generic. Of course, as I add more
to these lists, and post the settings to go with them - the idea is to get back to the generic and iconic
parts of fantasy stuff. You know...elves hate dwarves, dwarves hate elves...they both hate humans...
and dragons torch farms and steal sheep.

That does not mean that I get to be lacking on my names...true. I will see if I can come up with something
better...although "Stalker" isn't too bad, should I not come up with a better name. Stalker kind of puts an
idea to their purpose in nature - they stalk after those who dishonor the forest and the land, and make them
pay for it...typically with their lives.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Monsters by Torilen

Postby Daedalus » December 21st, 2011, 2:49 pm

Tree Hugger :P
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5330
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Monsters by Torilen

Postby Templar » February 8th, 2012, 9:45 am

It would be really cool if the plant man was some sort of giant walking flower! Kind of like a big super mario monster flower with legs ^^

This could be a baby one:
Image
"If you have to ask, you're streets behind..." - Pierce Hawthorn


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
User avatar
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 232
Joined: November 9th, 2011, 4:31 am
Location: Karlstad, Sweden
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Monsters by Torilen

Postby torilen » February 8th, 2012, 10:05 am

that is outrageously hilarious. Is that a picture or something you pasted in, or is that
a model you have. that is too great.

By the way - I've come up with a new monster, I'll put it up in a day or two...basically a giant
mosquito of sorts...I have a background of how they came about. I think you'll all quite enjoy them.

Templar...I needed that this morning. TOOO funny. (and I just may implement something like that and
turn that idea into a new monster, too).


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Monsters by Torilen

Postby torilen » February 8th, 2012, 6:52 pm

NEW MONSTER - ENJOY

Moscarick (Giant Mosquito)
Story: A young wizard was attempting to cast a spell that
would give him the strength of a bear. He became distracted
and cast the end of the spell wrong. It backfired, and caused
a swarm of mosquitos (that were floating around him at the
time) to grow very large, to the size of squirrels. Their
bodies were also altered, giving them hair all over their
bodies and tiny claws at the end of each leg.
Unfortunately, this magical mutation did not affect their
ability to mate and reproduce, and so these new magically-
created monsters are now quite prevalent.

Body = 1
Mind = 1
Attack = see below
Defense = 5 (3)
Movement = 12 (flying)
Special Attack: these creatures use
4 combat dice for attack. This does
not cause actual damage at first, however.
If the attack is successful, the moscarick
latches on to the target with its tiny
claws and thrusts its straw-like mouth
into its victim and begins to suck. The
moscarick immediately begins sucking
blood from the victim, causing 1 body point
of damage until it is removed from the
victim or the victim is dead.
Once the creature has latched on, it then
uses the lower defense dice for defending.
If it loses a defense at this point, instead
of taking damage, it simply means its has
been pushed off of its victim.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Monsters by Torilen

Postby Templar » February 9th, 2012, 7:41 am

torilen wrote:that is outrageously hilarious. Is that a picture or something you pasted in, or is that
a model you have. that is too great.

I needed that this morning. TOOO funny. (and I just may implement something like that and
turn that idea into a new monster, too).


Glad you liked it dude! :D

I just googled "mario monster flower", and voila! I don't have the hand skills to pull something like that of, but I'm more than happy to share other peoples work (with or against their will)...

Mosquito-monster sounds good. |_P

Probably needs playtesting though...
"If you have to ask, you're streets behind..." - Pierce Hawthorn


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
User avatar
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 232
Joined: November 9th, 2011, 4:31 am
Location: Karlstad, Sweden
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Monsters by Torilen

Postby Von Necron » February 9th, 2012, 8:06 am

Seymour, FEED ME!
User avatar
Von Necron

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 161
Joined: December 27th, 2011, 12:10 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Monsters by Torilen

Postby torilen » February 9th, 2012, 9:40 am

yeah - haven't tried this one out yet - just came up with it two days ago.
I figured I'd go ahead and put it up, though, so I didn't forget about it
later and have it fall into the abyss of un-realized pieces of creativity.


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: October 9th, 2009, 4:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Monsters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron