• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Plate Armour

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from HeroQuest Game Systems.

Re: Plate Armour

Postby Kurgan » Thursday February 25th, 2021 12:00am

Revisiting an old post, but while the idea of giving a Plate Armor wearer different dice is an one I resist (I think you should use special HQ style dice... even if they have adjusted faces to impact probability like the german colored dice... and the standard d6s), you COULD give them a single d10 or even d8 as a simple fix to make the problem of nobody wanting it with the halved movement.

So it's not 1-6, but still. A mere 2 movement penalty seems too light. The original game designers wanted the Plate to have some restriction, rather than an automatic upgrade. So with a combination of blowing the Rallying Horn (giving bonus movement), using the Paladin class and saving up your speed potions/swift wind spells, you can make it more tolerable.

If the players want to have the extra benefit of the Plate and work hard to compensate for the penalty, I'll give it to them.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Kurgan

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Previous

Return to Game Systems