• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Witch Lord Win: Does this happen often/ever?

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from HeroQuest Game Systems.

Re: Witch Lord Win: Does this happen often/ever?

Postby sadkitchen » April 12th, 2011, 7:41 pm

Since my nephew is 8, it's more likely up to me or even more likely his dad (my brother) whom is the owner of the game. And I just cannot see disallowing something so perfectly evil. Not when the Witch Lord is doing it. And since my brother just told him "good job" when informed of what happened, I think there is no one arguing the action.

-SadKitchen
sadkitchen

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby ken » April 13th, 2011, 3:28 am

drathe wrote:This would be a matter of the evil wizard's interpretation of the command spell. As the card says zargon may move the hero as a monster and attack other heroes. It doesn't mention the ability to cast spells, drink potions, drop weapons, etc. Just move and attack. But to each their own. I applaud the clever and devious tactics! :twisted:

That is what the DM is all about, "Devious Tactics", Confusious said; "the more the merrier" :mrgreen: ,

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » April 13th, 2011, 9:20 am

Man...that is hilarious. I hope my son can be that devious when I get him playing HQ. That'll be a long while, though,
he is only 19 months right now.

I would suggest one thing...make sure you're nephew isn't pulling wings off flies. That is so terrifically evil, I would be
worried that he is going down a dark road there. hehehehe (just kidding, of course.)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Phoenix » April 13th, 2011, 10:07 pm

proof positive that the pass through rock spell isn't completely useless.

:) :) :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » April 14th, 2011, 12:32 am

I can't figure out why people think Pass Through Rock is useless. Players in my groups use it all the time as short-cuts, a way to get an injured companion out of harms way really fast, or to get into a room when the doorway is being blocked by monsters and the meat shields at the door can't hack their way through fast enough.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Ethica » April 14th, 2011, 3:30 am

I agree, pass through rock is an excellent and interesting spell. I just wrote a quest where the heroes could become trapped in a room that fills with sand, they have a certain number of turns to get a stone door open and an elf NPC who is with them has earth spells, so he will also try to open the stone door from the other side.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ken » April 14th, 2011, 4:35 am

OK so the spell is great :!: Each to their own. Do you allow the user to backtrack if he finds himself in an impossible situation :?: Or do you tell him when he lands in one, before he completes his move :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » April 14th, 2011, 8:40 am

No way! Our DM leaves us to figure things out on our own! It's roleplaying! When we make a try to investigate something, the more intelligent of us has a better chance at beating our roll to figure out what is going on!

But it's the people playing the characters that must first come up with the correct line of reasoning or else we miss out entirely on what's going on! We never thought to shut down the portals that we come across from time to time - and it often winds up allowing chaos forces thru after us!

That kid, for example, used his brains exceptionally well! Will you ask everyone playing if they will restart all the quests, or quest on from there looking for some substitute for the spirit blade, or else find some way to recover it?

Lastly - if it is your brother's game, and he only was told what happened later on, why the hell isn't HE playing too?!?
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ethica » April 14th, 2011, 8:44 am

I say pass through rockers risk imprisonment in rock, no clues or undos for the DM.

Also, don't forget the witch lord can be harmed by fire magic.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby sadkitchen » April 14th, 2011, 8:56 am

el_flesh wrote:Lastly - if it is your brother's game, and he only was told what happened later on, why the hell isn't HE playing too?!?

He was working. I work from home with a variable schedule so I get to watch the nephew every now and then. When he gets back from the working he usualy takes over running the Dwarf and Wizard. Got his wife to play a couple of times too. Good family fun.

-SadKitchen
sadkitchen

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Game Systems