• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Just traded for a Game System on BGG

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from HeroQuest Game Systems.

Just traded for a Game System on BGG

Postby Blackthorn » December 24th, 2014, 1:45 pm

I've had a few games listed as "for trade" on Board Game Geek (BGG) for a while and someone just offered to trade a copy of the HQ base game for my Heroscape "Rise of the Valkyrie" Master Set which I seldom play. I'm going to go ahead and take him up on it since I've wanted to obtain a second HQ game and I had it listed on my BGG "want list". As I mentioned here and on my blog article, BGG can be a good source for HQ stuff (here's a link to that article: http://yeoldeinn-heroquest.blogspot.com/2013/03/heroquest-shopping-tips.html). It's where I scored my copies of the Barbarian and Elf Quest Packs.

Heroscape is a good game (designed in part by HQ designer Stephen Baker) and I know that it still has a strong following, but I found the long set up time for the modular board kept it off the table for the most part. Great components though.
Fear the chinkle!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Just traded for a Game System on BGG

Postby Sjeng » December 26th, 2014, 1:37 pm

Yup, BGG is a great place for trading stuff. Nice community.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Blackthorn » December 31st, 2014, 2:58 pm

My new copy of the HQ game system arrived today and it's 100%. complete! The box has the typical corner splits and of course the candles are missing their tips, but the rest of the game is in great condition with bright, crisp cards and clean dice. Unlike my previous copy, It looks like it was hardly ever played with. The only bummer is that some foodstuff got on a couple of the cards and one of the Treasure/Wandering Monster cards might need to be replaced as a result.

Anyone have an effective way to repair split box corners? I tried gluing in some index cards for reinforcement, but these tore as well.
Fear the chinkle!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 2nd, 2015, 3:15 pm

use transparent sticky tape? and thin cardboard on the inside.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to Game Systems