• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Random Events / Attack Roll Fumble

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from HeroQuest Game Systems.

Re: Attack Roll Fumble

Postby The Road Warrior » April 18th, 2013, 5:42 pm

A few of my favourites....
(the text needs a bit of work.

Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Malcadon » April 18th, 2013, 6:09 pm

Well, I finished 5 of the 13 pics. I always liked how Garry Chalk make the card art less game-centric by throwing in people and monsters that feels out-of-place in the finished product. I never did like the card art from the later Game Pack sets with all the established Heroes and monsters in them. I hope I don't any get flack for the Ghostly Dancer pic, as that was a stylized approach, and I assume everyone here are all reasonable, mature adults. I hope everyone enjoy them.

1. Wandering Monster
2. Foot Caught
3. Torch Blowout
4. Ghostly Dancer
5. Treasure Map

(click on the pic to go to my gallery)

Oh, and great work with the cards, Road Warrior! |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Malcadon

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » April 19th, 2013, 6:55 am

Fantastic cards! wow, I really love those original Chalk art cards, well done road warrior. Are these the highest resolution you have? (they should be good enough to print I think)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » April 19th, 2013, 7:12 am

Malcadon wrote:
(click on the pic to go to my gallery)

Oh, and great work with the cards, Road Warrior! |_P

These are amazing Malcadon. Have you tried putting them on a card and tinting them brown to match the original cards in Photoshop?

Sjeng wrote:Are these the highest resolution you have? (they should be good enough to print I think)

Of course. I will upload them to photobucket and post a link here later ;)
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Malcadon » April 20th, 2013, 1:40 am

Sjeng wrote:Fantastic cards! Are these the highest resolution you have? (they should be good enough to print I think)

Thanks! :mrgreen:

I scanned them without reshaping them, at 300pi. I made them in the size of the US cards, so I would not need to re-size them -- which takes away from the details, and tends to make the fine thatching look like rough pencil work. Only the the boarder-lines and darkness was touched-up, as the darker ink gleamed an odd color. I formatted them at a bitmap from the start, to reduce "lossy" (data degradation).

The Road Warrior wrote:These are amazing Malcadon. Have you tried putting them on a card and tinting them brown to match the original cards in Photoshop?

Thanks, as well! :mrgreen:

I did not adjust the color to look like the US cards because I cannot approximate the hue on my editor. So I will leave that to anyone who wishes to make it look brown.

So yeah, they should be fine to edit or print.

Rewards:
Malcadon

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » September 11th, 2013, 7:58 am

So, Malc, how far are you with your HQ quest event cards? I'd love a new deck :D

When are these cards used? I was thinking of event cards the GM can draw during a turn where he has nothing to do (no monsters). Some positive and some negative events.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » September 11th, 2013, 9:00 am

Haven't read the first bit of this thread - just the last page.
Road Warrior - nice cards, I may have to use those whenever I get to play.

Malc - I love the artwork. Thanks for sharing those. I especially like the wandering monster.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » September 11th, 2013, 10:38 am

Malcadon wrote:I always liked how Garry Chalk make the card art less game-centric by throwing in people and monsters that feels out-of-place in the finished product. I never did like the card art from the later Game Pack sets with all the established Heroes and monsters in them.

What's not to like here?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Malcadon » September 11th, 2013, 11:04 pm

Goblin-King wrote:
Malcadon wrote:I always liked how Garry Chalk make the card art less game-centric by throwing in people and monsters that feels out-of-place in the finished product. I never did like the card art from the later Game Pack sets with all the established Heroes and monsters in them.

What's not to like here?

It reminds me that I'm playing an open-ended game the way they wanted, as opposed to an environment were anyone could be adventuring, even if its one's own creations. Plus, the out-of-place heroes and monsters make the game feel more eccentric in a cool way.

Besides the game-centric aspect, I do not like the style of that pic, as it is too clean and feels too optimistic (and not because the guys in the pic look really jolly to see each other). It reminds me of all the flat and bland B&W art seen in D&D, back in the '90s. I like the art to look at least somewhat rough, and to feel a little more dark, gritty and moody - which Chalk conveys well.

Rewards:
Malcadon

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » September 12th, 2013, 1:04 am

come on man, the right guy has a 'stache! A 'STACHE! That makes this picture 100% cool.

Examples?

Magnum P.I. = cool
Burt Reynolds = cool
John Cleese = hella cool!

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Game Systems