• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

First quest: The Maze or The Trial?

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from HeroQuest Game Systems.

Re: First quest: The Maze or The Trial?

Postby Jackyboy » December 4th, 2013, 7:23 am

Andy P wrote:
Nephew of Mentor wrote:Arguably, the name Felmarg sounds pretty evil. Perhaps the foul gargoyle is hiding in the tomb of an equally foul Felmarg.


Haha... I wonder if Verag was put there to stop Fellmarg coming back from the dead, or something. A very different sense of "guarding"!


Well if that were the truth then the heroes have just left it wide open for a resurrection of evil! Maybe not as such a heroic move by our band of brothers :? :lol:
Please PM me if any of my old links to files are currently down. I am in the process of hosting them somewhere new!

:)


Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Jackyboy

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 235
Images: 4
Joined: November 24th, 2013, 7:59 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: First quest: The Maze or The Trial?

Postby Redav » January 5th, 2014, 8:14 am

Until I joined here, I didn't realise that there was anything other than the EU quests etc. I have two groups playing and I got the players using the EU rules to start with The Maze because I wanted to start with something different and I knew The Trial was tough. The other group is playing by the NA rules but they started with The Trial and hosed it :lol: That was mainly to see what different the body points would make. Might throw the Arena in as an extra but we'll see.
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master
 
Posts: 486
Joined: June 22nd, 2013, 6:28 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: First quest: The Maze or The Trial?

Postby bastianbux » January 5th, 2014, 10:54 pm

As an American, I never even knew The Maze existed. Looking at it recently... it's quite boring and very strange, and I can see why it was later replaced with The Trial. First of all, it's empty. Second of all, it is very unlike a typical Quest: the characters start at four separate corners of the dungeon... how did they get there? Did Mentor just... transport them there?

However, The Trial is much too difficult. The next time I run the base game again, I will probably just skip it and move straight onto Ragnar, or something.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 222
Joined: February 9th, 2013, 7:28 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: First quest: The Maze or The Trial?

Postby JasonMCM » January 6th, 2014, 2:24 am

Though I have never played the maze, it looks like a total snore fest. As for the Trial, I never noticed it to be 'too' hard. Maybe I was lucky running it all those times as a kid.
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain
 
Posts: 215
Images: 2
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 5:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: First quest: The Maze or The Trial?

Postby Fullork345 » February 15th, 2015, 6:32 pm

I used to get a few kills with the Trial, maybe once a group wipe. But untill these forums, I never noticed that it had everything in it. The last time I played it the group got through it without a death, but I saw it's actually pretty easy if you just head straight for the gargoyal and not go towards the mummy's tomb.
Fullork345

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion
 
Posts: 184
Joined: January 3rd, 2013, 7:22 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: First quest: The Maze or The Trial?

Postby knightkrawler » February 16th, 2015, 3:01 am

A blocked square here and there and some differently planned doors would help limit multiple choices and force the heroes through more (or every) rooms.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: First quest: The Maze or The Trial?

Postby Andy P » February 16th, 2015, 1:41 pm

knightkrawler wrote:A blocked square here and there and some differently planned doors would help limit multiple choices and force the heroes through more (or every) rooms.


You say that as though limiting choice and forcing heroes along a railroad is a good thing?
User avatar
Andy P

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 76
Joined: November 23rd, 2013, 7:52 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: First quest: The Maze or The Trial?

Postby whitebeard » February 16th, 2015, 2:10 pm

Andy P wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:A blocked square here and there and some differently planned doors would help limit multiple choices and force the heroes through more (or every) rooms.


You say that as though limiting choice and forcing heroes along a railroad is a good thing?


Well, it is "the Trial" and completely contrived by Mentor. So why not?
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 988
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: First quest: The Maze or The Trial?

Postby Anderas » February 16th, 2015, 3:26 pm

Because it is more interesting if you have choice :)


Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear
 
Posts: 3397
Images: 73
Joined: September 20th, 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: First quest: The Maze or The Trial?

Postby knightkrawler » February 16th, 2015, 4:39 pm

Andy P wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:A blocked square here and there and some differently planned doors would help limit multiple choices and force the heroes through more (or every) rooms.


You say that as though limiting choice and forcing heroes along a railroad is a good thing?


Absolutely not. It was a suggestion for the meek-hearted who might feel that way.
I prefer the original Trial BECAUSE of the coincidents and very diverse outcomes I've seen.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Game Systems

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests