• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

UK Edition Game Screens

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

UK Edition Game Screens

Postby Davane » May 4th, 2021, 3:12 pm

I notice that Ye Olde Inn doesn't have copy of the UK Edition Game Screen. Luckily, I have a copy that I could scan for us.

My question is, are there any differences between the 1st and 2nd Edition Game Screens? I have the 2nd Edition screen, which shows the symbols for the tiles and furniture, and has reminders of the rules for Traps. Nothing really exciting, but for the sake of completeness, I will upload my scans to this and the next post.

All Scans Labelled from the Players' Point of View.

UKGameScreenFrontCentre.jpg

UKGameScreenFrontLeft.jpg

UKGameScreenFrontRight.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The HeroQuest World is loosely based on the Warhammer World which is the copyright of Games Workshop and is used by their permission."

HeroQuest Combined English Edition Rule Book (HQ CERB)
Davane

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: UK Edition Game Screens

Postby Davane » May 4th, 2021, 3:40 pm

Here's the Back of the screen.

For those who cannot see clearly (the scans are low res), the text on the back of the screen is as follows:

HeroQuest UK (2nd?) Edition Game Screen wrote:Pit Trap
Any character who stumbles into a pit trap will automatically lose one Body Point. The character may move as normal on his next turn. Characters in a pit may attack and defend, but roll one less die than normal. The pit remains on the board as an obstacle. Characters and monsters may attempt to jump across a pit trap. They must have enough movement left to get across the pit, and the square on the other side must also be unoccupied. Any miniature who attempts to jump across must roll a combat die. If he rolls a skull he falls into the pit and loses one Body point. If he rolls a shield he is allowed to continue his move. Count the square with the pit as a normal square when counting how far you have moved.

Falling Block
Any character who moves through a falling block trap square will trigger the trap. The block will fall into the square marked with the arrow, blocking the way. Any character or monster in that square must roll three combat dice. The victim must lose one Body point for each Skull rolled, and then move to an adjacent unoccupied square. If the victim cannot move to an adjacent square, he is killed by the falling block.

Spear Trap
Any player who is caught in a spear trap will lose one Body point if he rolls a Skull on a combat die. The spear trap will only affect the first character to enter the square.

UKGameScreenBackCentre.jpg

UKGameScreenBackLeft.jpg

UKGameScreenBackRight.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The HeroQuest World is loosely based on the Warhammer World which is the copyright of Games Workshop and is used by their permission."

Davane

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:

Postby lestodante » May 4th, 2021, 5:57 pm

thanks for sharing but I see it is out of focus, especially the back side

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Davane » May 4th, 2021, 8:01 pm

Unfortunately, my scanner is only A4, and the screen is bigger than this. I didn't want to risk damaging my Game Screen to get a clearer focus, so this is more for illustrative purposes, not that there's a great deal of information on the UK Game Screen to worry about...

Davane

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:

Postby Daedalus » July 22nd, 2021, 2:15 pm

Thanks, Davane. Something is better than nothing. I actually spent a night recently Google searching images for this, and yours is superior to the single one I found by a wide margin.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » July 25th, 2021, 8:05 pm

Thank you Davane, very good addition.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: EspaƱol
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Official Rules