• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Firing the Crossbow "through" other Heroes

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Re: Firing the Crossbow "through" other Heroes

Postby wallydubbs » October 15th, 2020, 4:57 pm

I can see why you say that, but at the same time I'm trying to throw the price out of whack. If a crossbow and unlimited quarrels is 350, I'm trying to find an even price that sould add up to such.

However I can also see the intrigue in limiting the quarrels if it's 5 gold per dart, that would be between 50 - 75 gold per quest (assuming the hero fires the Crossbow 10 - 15 times a quest), maybe I'm overestimating. But I could envision heroes starting to use the crossbow sparingly towards the end of the quest when they get low on darts.
The only problem I can see is losing count of how many times fired. For this I guess I'd use tiles to keep track.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Firing the Crossbow "through" other Heroes

Postby Oftkilted » October 15th, 2020, 5:48 pm

Well, it’s 10 gold to pay the fee for a mercenary to go with you for an additional quest. (Though they might be getting their quarrels in bulk from the mercenary guild.)

Warhammer Quest’s cost for Crossbow Quarrels was 30G for enough for a single adventure, and 20G for enough arrows for an adventure. (Perhaps the purchased crossbow gives you enough bolts for a single adventure in the price?)

A crossbow in WHQ was 1000g (compared to 350g in HQ) I’d say that “enough for an adventure” shouldn’t cost more than 10G.

And “unlimited shots” would still be “unlimited shots” ... as long as you paid the ‘restock for the adventure cost’.

Alternately make them 1g/each? If a game runs 15 turns and they fire each turn, that’s 15 gold. For a game like The Dark Company” which goes on forever ... then they start running into issues.
Oftkilted

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Previous

Return to Official Rules