• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chaos spell: Command

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Re: Chaos spell: Command

Postby lestodante » October 23rd, 2019, 12:34 pm

I guess one of the best (but dramatic) use of this spell is to move the hero over traps or into the pit of chaos!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Admiral » November 5th, 2019, 1:52 pm

lestodante wrote:I guess one of the best (but dramatic) use of this spell is to move the hero over traps or into the pit of chaos!

Absolutely not! :shock:

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » November 5th, 2019, 9:15 pm

lestodante wrote:I guess one of the best (but dramatic) use of this spell is to move the hero over traps or into the pit of chaos!

That's just evil. Although that's entirely possible with Dominate in Quest 5 of AtOH, I couldn't bring myself to do it.
In my mind marching a hero into the Pit of Chaos is just as bad as marking a hero dead from a Falling Block Trap, trapping them in an inescapable room; or slipping off the Ice Ledge in FH.
It's fair to kill a hero with worn down Body Points, but the game is broken when they can die suddenly without warning from an unlucky roll. Such a kill is not earned and a fair Zargon would give his heroes a way out of it.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Jalapenotrellis » November 5th, 2019, 9:45 pm

If you're "moving and attacking as a monster during Zargon's turn" as the card says, I don't think you can trigger traps. I guess it depends how mean you want to be. Technically it doesn't say that the character can't take their own turn either. It just says that during Zargon's turn, he can move and attack as a monster.
I'm not sure if that would mean that spell casting would be off limits either then because Zargon can cast spells If the character has spells to cast. I'm not sure if that means chaos spells only. It also depends if you interpret attack liberally or conservatively: did they just mean action?
Jalapenotrellis

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » November 6th, 2019, 4:39 am

mitchiemasha wrote:Pretty clear on the card to the rules. "can move the hero as a monster and attack other Heroes" That's no search, trigger traps or open doors. Due to wording, It could be argued that an attack spell is an attack, it could also be argued that the Hero moved himself as normal in his own turn but monsters don't search, trigger traps or open doors.

Came here to say this.
I disagree with the possibility of casting spells though. Spells are not attacks.
The big one is whether he actually is allowed to move normally during his own turn. RAW he should be able to move and goes through a Jekyll/Hyde cycle until the curse is broken. But thematically he should remain under the Evil Wizard player's control for the duration of the spell.
Personally I rule that the player gets to roll the appropriate dice at the beginning of his turn. If he fails he must skip his turn.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Official Rules