• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Help with some rules

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Re: Help with some rules

Postby SirRick » February 9th, 2019, 9:18 am

j_dean80 wrote:I remove any good cards drawn and place bad cards on the bottom of the deck. The deck all gets placed back in and shuffled between Quests. That way you do not run out of cards but if the Heroes search "too much" there is only bad cards left to get them to stop searching and speed up the quest.

That is the way I used to do it, and it pretty much means the heroes will find every single treasure in the deck every quest, which leads to an over abundance of healing potions and other goodies.

I remember one campaign I had so many Potions of Defense that after searching for treasure I drew another one, I exclaimed I would rather have drawn a Hazard

With the NA shuffling rule there is a chance you could never find any good treasure cards the entire quest. I haven't tried this method yet, but it seems like it would make the original quests a little more challenging, and any treasures found much more valuable.

Rewards:
Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
SirRick

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby mitchiemasha » February 11th, 2019, 9:04 am

SirRick wrote:With the NA shuffling rule there is a chance you could never find any good treasure cards the entire quest.

I believe it was the default mechanic for all versions not just NA... But yes, very important to being that way for exactly the reasons you mentioned. The one thing I hate about the Zombicide loot deck was it's over abundance of good things. We add noise cards, like brake a glass, creaky floor board, SPIDER! Add one noise to the zone.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Flacktron » February 12th, 2019, 4:05 pm

Its been interesting reading everyone's 'interpretation' of certain rules. Some (in my opinion) will make the game a lot easier for the Heroes whilst others rules a lot easier for the evil wizard. I guess its about finding a good balance to give both sides a chance

Thanks for everone's input

Flacktron
Flacktron

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Previous

Return to Official Rules