• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Traps on the other side of the door

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Re: Traps on the other side of the door

Postby Bareheaded Warrior » Thursday March 4th, 2021 9:14am

My house rules for searching (spotting) traps, which I think resolves the situation with traps on the other side of the door and a number of other trap issues, for your perusal.

16. Traps
16.1 Spotting a trap
Traps are only placed on the board when they are triggered
If a player characters movement takes them through a space marked as containing a trap on the Quest map, then the evil wizard player must check the total of the movement dice rolled for that player character (not the spaces moved but the dice total) and if that total is six or less then the trap has been spotted before it is triggered otherwise the player character triggers the trap and suffers the consequences (see below)

16.2 The Dwarf spots traps if his total movement is seven or less.

16.3 Monster cannot spot or trigger traps. They may move freely though squares that contain hidden traps. Once a trap has been placed on the board, however monsters must follow the same rules as characters.

16.4 If the trap has been spotted, then the evil wizard player must place the player character’s miniature on the space, state "You have spotted a trap", the player character must then attempt to disarm the trap.

Trapped chests are an exception to the rules above, see the Treasure Chest section below.

16.5 Disarming a trap
Roll a standard die on a roll of four or more the trap has been successfully disarmed, otherwise the trap has been triggered.

16.6 The Dwarf and any player character equipped with a Tool Kit gets to add one point to his total rolled for disarming traps. This is cumulative so Dwarf players equipped with a Tool Kit gets to add two points to his total.

16.7 Disarming a trap does not count as an action but whether successful or not does end the player characters turn.
Next Quest: Quest for the Spirit Blade
Other Activities; Polishing my own full House Rules and working on creating my first Quest!
House Rules (HeroQuest Gold): https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1pckufkz534w ... .docx?dl=0

As a general principle* I use EU 2e rules but where they are not clear or otherwise problematic then I look to other versions for clarity / improvement before resorting to house rules

*By general principle I mean I ignore it when it suits me
Bareheaded Warrior

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Previous

Return to Official Rules