• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Can several heroes own the same item?

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Re: Can several heroes own the same item?

Postby mitchiemasha » April 1st, 2017, 1:49 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:If you happen to own Dungeon Quest there's a really handy crypt deck and a corpse deck if you find a corpse in the crypt and I think all those cards a compatible with HQ as written if I remember right.

I'll have to check this out.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Gold Bearer » April 1st, 2017, 7:55 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:Another option for the cards is to deal out a certain random amount of equipment that's available between each quest.
This would work really well if you use the 1st and 2nd edition equipment cards mixed together. Three shields and helmets, which should be the most common, one bracers and cloak of protection, which should be the rarest, and two of everything else. You could deal out half of them. If I was going to include the two US weapons as well I'd put four daggers in.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gomcse » January 27th, 2018, 3:53 am

We play it with multiples. Players just list their items on the character sheet. It makes no sense to us that there would only be one of each item in the world.
Gomcse

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 27th, 2018, 4:36 am

Gomcse wrote:We play it with multiples. Players just list their items on the character sheet. It makes no sense to us that there would only be one of each item in the world.

It's how the American Armory was meant to be used. That's why they changed Equipment cards to Armory in the American version.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gomcse » January 27th, 2018, 11:16 pm

knightkrawler wrote:
Gomcse wrote:We play it with multiples. Players just list their items on the character sheet. It makes no sense to us that there would only be one of each item in the world.

It's how the American Armory was meant to be used. That's why they changed Equipment cards to Armory in the American version.

Good. I prefer not screwing up rules as written....but sometimes you just have to do what's right. I did download the pdf of the equipment cards and printed them out. They're helpful when someone wants to know about an item. Much easier than passing around the Armory...
Gomcse

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Stoner81 » July 29th, 2018, 9:36 am

Somebody made a good point about multiple crossbows so as a result I am going to limit what the Heroes can buy by doing the following:

1. A player (if using 2 or more Heroes) or a Hero state what item they are looking for.
  2. Roll 1 Combat Die and a roll of a black shield indicates it is a Rare Item.
  3. Roll on the Non-Rare or Rare item list to determine if it is in stock or not and the adjustment to the price if there is one. I made the table to accommodate 1D8 which made it easier to balance a little.

Non Rare and Rare stock list.jpg

Doing this adds a lot of randomness to what the players get and means that items found in quests suddenly become a lot more valuable.

I might also pinch the rules somebody made (same person) about hiring Henchmen but not sure yet.

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stoner81

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » June 9th, 2019, 12:00 pm

I follow the NA rules, so the Armory never runs out, and everybody can buy whatever they can afford if they want.

Gold Bearer wrote:If you allow multiples to be used without the cards then it makes the short sword and hand axe completely pointless. A simple fix if you want to go that rout is to increase the spear cost and reduce the hand axe cost. Another good option if you want to keep the prices the same is to make the staff and spear two handed.

I varied the prices to make the weapons a bit unique. The idea with the Hand Axe (175 gold) is that you can throw it (and find it later by searching for treasure) so it costs a little more than the Shortsword (150 gold). A cheaper weapon is still good if you lost yours and are in a pinch now, though it now has a lower re-sale value.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous