• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Enemy with crossbows beyond a pit trap

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Enemy with crossbows beyond a pit trap

Postby [Ravensworth Castle] » September 8th, 2016, 7:05 am

Just looking for clarification on how to play the scenario whereby the heros encounter monsters armed with crossbows who are on the other side of a pit trap in a corridor. Other than/ from the elf or wizard who can use spells I'm guessing that the monsters are 'safe'? The pit trap would be trigged by the hero moving forward to attack but they cannot attack from within the pit right and they could not climb out the far side? Help please?
[Ravensworth Castle]

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Enemy with crossbows beyond a pit trap

Postby Count Mohawk » September 8th, 2016, 7:53 am

If it's a normal pit trap, the Heroes can still attack, but they will roll one fewer Combat Dice while attacking and defending. That said, when the Hero falls into the pit trap, he won't be able to attack on that turn.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 8th, 2016, 9:58 am

Count Mohawk wrote:If it's a normal pit trap, the Heroes can still attack, but they will roll one fewer Combat Dice while attacking and defending. That said, when the Hero falls into the pit trap, he won't be able to attack on that turn.

This. It's a lot of free attacks for those monsters, basically.
And it encourages the purchase of the crossbow for more than one hero. And spellcasting, of course.
Noone likes the Wizard being a Rincewind-type character when things turn to *lemony goodness*.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » September 8th, 2016, 10:58 am

knightkrawler
And it encourages the purchase of the crossbow for more than one hero. And spellcasting, of course.
Noone likes the Wizard being a Rincewind-type character when things turn to *lemony goodness*.

That's great *lemony goodness* :lol:. I need to try to remember that one.

Both Count Mohawk and kightkrawler are right on how the pit trap should be played, that's how I would play it if I was Zargon.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby slev » September 8th, 2016, 10:59 am

Thor-in wrote:
knightkrawler

That's great *lemony goodness* :lol:. I need to try to remember that one.

Both Count Mohawk and kightkrawler are right on how the pit trap should be played, that's how I would play it if I was Zargon.

You've got the "clean" language filter on ;)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » September 8th, 2016, 11:01 am

Yes, yes I do :D.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » September 8th, 2016, 12:13 pm

To be fair the clean language filter is better. Don't know why but it amuses me. I didn't know what it was for ages.

We have a rope for 100g. Now you can climb into a pit at no loss of BP. You Have to sacrifice a move Rd6 first though. Climbing halves your movement.

100g might be too much, what do you think?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » September 8th, 2016, 1:28 pm

mitchiemasha wrote:We have a rope for 100g. Now you can climb into a pit at no loss of BP. You Have to sacrifice a move Rd6 first though. Climbing halves your movement.

100g might be too much, what do you think?

I don't think so. By the time the heroes think about buying a rope (last, to be precise), equipment is a money pit.
They buy for fun at that point plus you can devise new purposes for the rope in your quests.

Thor-in wrote:Yes, yes I do :D.

I never use filthy words like lemony goodness except for demonstration purposes.

mitchiemasha wrote:To be fair the clean language filter is better. Don't know why but it amuses me. I didn't know what it was for ages.

It has been a great source of amusement over the years, people not knowing what it was and thinking that
my keys sparkle and butterflies come out of my mouth when I type or speak.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Thor-in » September 8th, 2016, 1:39 pm

Hey, I just thought that lemony goodness was a good response for the question asked, it gave me a good laugh for today :) .

As for my filter, I have kids at home that says it all.

Rewards:
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » September 8th, 2016, 2:03 pm

Thor-in wrote:Hey, I just thought that lemony goodness was a good response for the question asked, it gave me a good laugh for today :) .

As for my filter, I have kids at home that says it all.

"Daddy, what's lemony goodness?"

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Official Rules