• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

What Weapon Do Monsters Use?

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Re: What Weapon Do Monsters Use?

Postby knightkrawler » February 14th, 2013, 3:09 pm

"You sure you wanna take that Goblin's axe? You know, it's so small it only gives you 1 attack die. You could also attack with your middle finger. You can throw it (THE AXE!), however, if you want, but don't expect you'll get it back cause it freakin' breaks when hitting a monster. No attack die there, surprise surprise. Oh, and did I mention that the goblin piss on that frickin' piece of junk infested you with so many unknown diseases they are waging war against one another on your skin AND you? You lose one Body point at each of your turns unless you manage to roll a white shield on one combat die. Utterly sick as you are and constantly throwing up you defend with 2 dice, attack with, well, zero, and move 1d6 minus 4 squares. Of course, that goes on until the end of the quest after which your fellow heroes decide they can't take the smell anymore and shun you. Next hero, please! Of course, without the infested equipment, you understand. Fare well against the Ogre Horde, new Hero!"
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Malcadon » February 14th, 2013, 3:30 pm

Because I can change the weapons on my miniatures, I have more options with what I can use. I like to switch-off the weapons, to add more verity and challenge to the game. Mind you, my house rules with this would be to long to list right now.

So, here is my standard list:

:goblin: - Dagger plus: Shorhsword & Shield; Hand Axe & Shield; Spear & Shield; Shorhsword & Sling; Broadsword; or Shortbow.
:orc: - Chainmail and Shorhsword plus: Broadsword & Shield; Hand Axe & Shield; Spear & Shield; Flail; Battle Axe; or Crossbow.
:fimir: - Chainmail, Shorhsword and Mace-tail plus: Broadsword & Shield; Hand Axe & Shield; Spear & Shield; Flail; or Battle Axe.
:chaoswarrior: - Chaos Armor, Helmet and Shield plus: Battle Axe; or Flail.
:gargoyle: - Demonic Blade and Flame Whip.
:zombie: - Rotted cleaver.
:skeleton: - Rusted scythe.
:mummy: - Mummy Rot.
Chaos Warlock - Varies (I have not modified the figure to hold weapons, but I would note to players what its holding)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Malcadon

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » February 14th, 2013, 4:01 pm

That's close to what I do.
You can see the weapon and in most cases the armor of my minis and that's what the actual figure is equipped with.
I do have a lot of minis, from GW, board games, and other sources.

If the quest map shows an Orc I reach into my Orc drawer and set up the first mini I grabbed.
It could be a normal HQ Orc with a handaxe, one with a long curved sword (diagonal attack),
could be a Warhammer Orc with handweapon, helmet, and shield (only 2 attack dice [but with a special rule Fierce Attack where it may re-roll one die], but 4 defend dice),
could be a Black Orc (2 Body points, two attacks [3 dice each]),
and so on.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Blackthorn » February 14th, 2013, 4:04 pm

How about "monster's weapons are enchanted with Chaos magic and if you wield one Zargon/Morcar will take control of you."
Fear the chinkle!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby el_flesh » February 14th, 2013, 4:44 pm

Monster weapons are almost unuseable from disrepair. Since monsters don't last long in the game, their weapon is just about broken, too. And yes, diseased.
"Can I take the FImir's ax?"
"No, you notice that it's broken and now unuseable. So is the armor, with your killing blow ripping a big hole in it."
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » February 14th, 2013, 4:59 pm

el_flesh wrote:Monster weapons are almost unuseable from disrepair. Since monsters don't last long in the game, their weapon is just about broken, too. And yes, diseased.
"No, you notice that it's broken and now unuseable. So is the armor, with your killing blow ripping a big hole in it."

that's my point of view. but frankly nobody on my table ever asked :P
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » February 14th, 2013, 5:25 pm

I am so very sorry I brought it up.

I must learn to keep my mouth (typing fingers) shut.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Blackthorn » February 14th, 2013, 9:06 pm

knightkrawler wrote:If the quest map shows an Orc I reach into my Orc drawer

Orc drawer? I like the sound of that. I can just hear the heroes in your game now:

"Good....he's not opening the Orc drawer :D .

"Oh no, :o he's headed for the closet of Chaos! "
Fear the chinkle!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
Blackthorn

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mako-heart » February 15th, 2013, 12:21 am

Sjeng wrote:
el_flesh wrote:Monster weapons are almost unuseable from disrepair. Since monsters don't last long in the game, their weapon is just about broken, too. And yes, diseased.

that's my point of view. but frankly nobody on my table ever asked :P

" its Made of poorly forged tin and whitesmithing craft and not ment to be worn by man"
old swords and chaos have good steel. the avenger would be nice to hear about EQP as a playable weapon. :D
ALL YOUR WALL SPELL BASES ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mako-heart

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » February 15th, 2013, 3:01 am

My chaos warriors have a drawer, too.
How gay does it sound," and now, 3 chaos warriors come out of the closet"?
No no, the only thing gay in my game is the pansy Elf...

Rewards:
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Official Rules