• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HEROQUEST - COMPANION APP discussion

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

Re: HEROQUEST - COMPANION APP discussion

Postby Daedalus » November 30th, 2021, 6:09 am

[Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread]

Kurgan wrote:They let Sir Ragnar search? I guess that's helpful since he can't take on treasure (and won't get himself into more trouble that way).

Good reporting. I was going to use bluestacks to install the app on my computer but sadly it won't let me so can't see the new artwork.. .
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » November 30th, 2021, 6:10 am

HispaZargon wrote:
Kurgan wrote:They let Sir Ragnar search? I guess that's helpful since he can't take on treasure (and won't get himself into more trouble that way).

Good reporting. I was going to use bluestacks to install the app on my computer but sadly it won't let me so can't see the new artwork.

Another interesting point about the app is if you select Spanish language, "Dread" has been translated to Spanish as "Caos" in many places, but not all... there we can see "Guerreros del Caos" instead of "Dread Warriors", "Hechicero del Caos" instead of "Dread Sorcerer", "Magia del Caos" instead of "Dread Magic", and so on... same names as in the original Spanish HeroQuest. Will they maintain such translations in the Spanish remake version of the board game? If yes, really good news for Spanish fans I think. Other places like quests patchments "Dread" is translated to Spanish as "Terror".

This leads to me thinking if maybe the English term "Chaos" is property of Games Workshop buy Spanish term "Caos" is not and Hasbro can use it in Spanish products, really interesting...
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Stairwell wrote:. . . I haven't had a chance to check the contents for missing pieces etc yet but I need to. Also the app is still not available in Aus..
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Kurgan wrote:Shadzar pointed out this video showing the Companion App in action.... . .
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Edge wrote:. . . I’m still hoping the app eventually introduces a drag-and-drop way to build Quests with the icons in color and easily print them. Even better if they can also then be run by Digital Zargon, too.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » November 30th, 2021, 6:11 am

Kurgan wrote:That would certainly be cool (and I can't take all the credit of course).

Have you ever used HeroScribe, Edge?

It may not be Mario Maker, but it's pretty simple once you start using it.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » November 30th, 2021, 6:11 am

[Re: Hasbro 2021 Remake: Public Unboxings ARE HERE!]

Kurgan wrote:. . . I see from videos on youtube that the Companion App uses all the assets from the Remake GS but appears to have each hero in a "slot." So Slot 1 is the male or female barbarian. I assume the Mythic heroes are still in there, in their own slots (not sure if you can only have four or if you can have more, but you can have less than four). Treasure search apparently does nothing (tells you to draw a card). You have access to all (?) the Artifacts, at least you have the KK/ROTWL ones not just the GS.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » November 30th, 2021, 6:12 am

Edge wrote:
Kurgan wrote:That would certainly be cool (and I can't take all the credit of course).

Have you ever used HeroScribe, Edge?

It may not be Mario Maker, but it's pretty simple once you start using it.

I haven’t, though I’ve heard about it. I’ll check it out! Still hoping for super simple drag-and-drop, with text editing and official fonts in the Companion App, though.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

cynthialee wrote:Treasure Search Button will reveal any special treasure or quest object in most cases.

However....In Prince Magnus Gold though when you find the treasure chests the search tells you to take a card. It does not tell you that you have found the gold or that you have to be next to a chest and then use the pick up button it has off to the side for this room. Minor thing.
One thing I didn't like is that it doesn't offer the chance to steal the Princes gold and become outlaw of the kingdom.

The app lets you move the heroes as many spaces you may want every turn.
For what it is meant to do, the app is pretty cool. But there is no AI involved really. It just Zombie moves the monsters to the easiest target, which makes kitting really easy. No smarts to the system at all, monsters never take an attack, then move out of the way so another monster gets a go at the hero.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Kurgan wrote:
cynthialee wrote:Treasure Search Button will reveal any special treasure or quest object in most cases.

However....In Prince Magnus Gold though when you find the treasure chests the search tells you to take a card. It does not tell you that you have found the gold or that you have to be next to a chest and then use the pick up button it has off to the side for this room. Minor thing.
One thing I didn't like is that it doesn't offer the chance to steal the Princes gold and become outlaw of the kingdom.

The app lets you move the heroes as many spaces you may want every turn.
For what it is meant to do, the app is pretty cool. But there is no AI involved really. It just Zombie moves the monsters to the easiest target, which makes kitting really easy. No smarts to the system at all, monsters never take an attack, then move out of the way so another monster gets a go at the hero.

That is a bit odd with Prince Magnus's gold and searching, although the "become an outlaw" thing wasn't in the NA edition as an option (but in the EU). The only real downside to being an outlaw in the original version was that you didn't get Champion status after 3 quests (and so missed the 500 gold reward for achieving this rank... a reward that wasn't in the 2nd EU edition or any other edition I know of). Still, yeah, missed opportunity I guess.

Otherwise, makes sense. So again, the honor system for most everything, they assume you are synchronizing with the real physical materials alongside for it to make sense.

At least are the monsters able to leave their starting rooms to attack heroes and give chase once revealed down corridors or into rooms where the Heroes are (vs. the monsters in the 1991 video games that were pretty much stranded where you found them)?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items