• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Compilation of Leaflets, Advertisements and Other Documents.

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

What do you think about this compilation of documents?

It's great! Finally somebody has prepared it! Thank you so much!!
64%
It's very useful and I will contribute as posible with Inn's Community by means of new additions or related useful information.
21%
It's quite interesting but I don't care too much about these kind of documents. I am only interested in game components.
14%
Indiferent.
No votes
Quite rare... do you really think these kind of documents provide any useful information?
No votes
Sorry, I cannot undestand why somebody waste time on this.
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: Compilation of Leaflets, Advertisements and Other Docume

Postby HispaZargon » September 3rd, 2021, 6:37 pm

lestodante wrote:
HispaZargon wrote:Previous lestodante's post also remmembered me this other four pages' review someone published in reddit here. I don't know which magazine belong those pages (maybe Fantasy Gaming?). I think they look quite cool.

I created a pdf for that:

Perfect! Thank you.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 14th, 2021, 7:17 pm

HispaZargon wrote:
lestodante wrote:thanks. I am still searching for the Wall Chart poster

Yeah, I would want to a copy of it too... Maybe Geofonos could has the kindness to scan it. :roll:

One of the few vintage HeroQuest items I don't have, and it shows many of the metal prototypes for the figures as well. would do just about anything to get m hands on one or at least a high quality scan that could be printed.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 14th, 2021, 7:18 pm

I have most of the inserts that came with the games
I recently took pictures of these:

the order form and advertisement are one sided but the questionair has both sides printed
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » February 10th, 2022, 3:55 pm

Saw this sale and it reminded me of this excellent thread!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » February 10th, 2022, 10:12 pm

I hope new forbidden documents could appear some day and posted here. I think probably all existing ones are at least already identified but who knows if any unknown ones could appear...

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » February 11th, 2022, 5:07 pm

I want to share this display they did to promote the release of the first two Italian expansions, La Rocca di Kellar and Il Ritorno del Signore degli Stregoni.
I should have better photos for this one but they are lost into some hard disks of mine.
It appeared on ebay some years ago, they had a bunch of these and the display was given to people who bought both quest packs from them (price was 150 euros each if I remember good).
Note: image is edited to remove watermarks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » February 11th, 2022, 7:25 pm

Wow, thanks for sharing lestodante. It is a really cool gadget. I am also curious about the hidden documents shown in the lower area of the picture... what are they? It seems to be an Italian leaflet we have not already included in the list, isn't it?

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » February 11th, 2022, 8:04 pm

it's an Italian standard leaflet, there should be a scan somewhere, I wil try to post it tomorrow

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » February 13th, 2022, 9:39 am

lestodante wrote:it's an Italian standard leaflet, there should be a scan somewhere, I wil try to post it tomorrow

Found... I guess this scan is extracted from a magazine page but picture seems to be the same as in those flyers.

- Hero Quest Expansions Italy 1990 Advertisement II, 1 page (Italian).
HQ_Advertisement_Magazine_Italy_2_[I totally agree].pdf [FILE DETELED, SEE BELOW]

Edited on 2023/Jun/17: As explained in this later post, I think we could guess that 1990 was the year when this advertisement was probably published in Italy (Summary list has been updated according to this information). Maybe the other advert was the other face of this flyer paper, but not confirmed. Also exist the theory that says this advert was published as an independent flyer as those ones shown in the above post or also inserted inside a magazine as a page.

Edited on 2023/Ago/20: Nevermind... this document was part of a 4-page leaflet, not a magazine advertisement. Full version of the correct file can be found in this later post. Incomplete old files in both posts have been deleted.

Rewards:
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » February 13th, 2022, 10:46 am

I think it's funny how I spent so much of my life trying to ignore and avoid ads, and here we are trying to promote and preserve them. I guess when the ads are no longer running and it was for a product you are nostalgic about, it's different. ;)

For all we know someday people will be reminiscing about those league of legends ads... even if we're all being ruled by mutant ants by then. :mummy:

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext